Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Crowded bottom front teeth

I am going to schedule his first dentist visit soon, but I was curious if anybody else has a toddler with crowded front teeth, specifically on the bottom.  It looks like his teeth are turning because they are getting squished together in the middle.  I realize there probably isn't much they could do about this, but just wondering if anybody has any similar experience?
image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Crowded bottom front teeth

• My DSs bottom teeth in the front overlap a little. I hadn't ever noticed crowding in babies before, just spaces. He has an appt on Friday with a pediatric dentist. I can let you know what they say then ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • DS two front bottom teeth are so close that they are practically making a V shape. I was confused when to take him to the dentist. Some say 1 year, my own dentist said around 3. I am concerned about maybe early tooth decay from the crowding but not sure if that is really a reasonable concern or not. 
    Started TTC - 01/2009 1st BFP - 09/04/09,1st u/s - 10/06/09- no heartbeat seen, D&E - 10/13/09 BFP #2 - 2/12/10, m/c 2/17/10 BFP #3 - 01/03/11 m/c 01/10/11 BFP #4 - 02/21/11 DS born 10/13/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • my older daughters front teeth are crowded..her one tooth turns over the other tooth.  They don't do anything about it, because these are their baby teeth, but definitely take him to the dentist and see what they think.

I was just told that most likely she will need braces :) 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Ideally a child will have space between the teeth, this leaves room for the permanent teeth to erupt into as the child grows. Crowding means that the child will likely have crowding as a teen/adult and will probably need orthodontic correction (which they may have anyway). The biggest challenge with crowding in the primary dentition is that it is more difficult to clean between the teeth to prevent decay. Try to be extra diligent with brushing and you may need to get some flossers as well.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think I might get him in to the pediatric dentist in town anyways.  On their website it says anytime after a year old they can have their first visit.  Our insurance covers him, so I might as well.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"