Minnesota Babies

Doula recommendations?

I'm looking for doula recommendations. I plan to deliver at Abbott or Fairview Southdale, probably Abbott. If you worked with somebody you loved, please let me know.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Doula recommendations?

• I dont know if your interested in someone new to the job but I have a really good friend who recently finished her training and and just attended her first birth (less than 10 hrs and no pain meds or pitocin) I could give you her info if you would like

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I would recommend going to one of the "All About Doula" Parent Topic Nights (PTN's), put on by the Childbirth Collective.  Lots of Doulas tend to come to those particular PTN's because it's a great way for parents-to-be to network and mingle and find some Doulas that they groove with to interview.

You can find the schedules for Minneapolis/Edina and St. Paul here (not sure if I know how to make it clicky):

https://www.childbirthcollective.org/

Hover over "Parent Topic Nights" and then pick the site for which you want to view the schedule.

While I'm at it, I'd recommend checking out some of the other PTN's as well.  They can be very informative, and best of all - they're free!

Good luck.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Loading the player...
  • I loed Jonna, my Doula. I cant wait to get PG again so I can work with her again. :) Love her so much. Here is her website: https://www.sacralbirths.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    #1: Alexander John: February 25, 2012      
      #2: EDD June 13, 2014

• imageJGY:

I would recommend going to one of the "All About Doula" Parent Topic Nights (PTN's), put on by the Childbirth Collective.  Lots of Doulas tend to come to those particular PTN's because it's a great way for parents-to-be to network and mingle and find some Doulas that they groove with to interview.

You can find the schedules for Minneapolis/Edina and St. Paul here (not sure if I know how to make it clicky):

https://www.childbirthcollective.org/

Hover over "Parent Topic Nights" and then pick the site for which you want to view the schedule.

While I'm at it, I'd recommend checking out some of the other PTN's as well.  They can be very informative, and best of all - they're free!

Good luck.

Ditto this!  We didn't end up doing any birth classes because we thought these covered everything we wanted to learn about!  Highly recommend them!

• Robyn Hustrulid.

Loved her.  She was my doula for my VBAC and I don't think I could have done it without her.  She was fabulous. 

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"