Cloth Diapering

Leaking in OS Diapers

My LO is almost 2 moths and weighs close to 15 lbs.  It's starting to get hard to get the prefold snappied now so I am starting to use our OS diapers.  At 15 lbs I didn't think I'd have to worry about them fitting, but I am getting leaks in a lot of them.  BG , TotsBots, and RaR fit with no problem, I have a hard time getting the FB to fit.  Blueberries sometimes leak, Swadlebees gape really bad around the leg, and Kawaii and Oh Katy leak a lot.  The inserts aren't saturated--they are just leaking out the leg.  What am I doing wrong?  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Re: Leaking in OS Diapers

• My DD is small/thin and almost 6 lbs. we get leaks out the leg of the FB OS. I think they are a mixture of compression leaks and poor fit at the legs. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would wait a week or two and then try again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and you can always just trifold the prefold in the cover and skip the snappi! :)
  • imageprasad007:
    I would wait a week or two and then try again.

I just didn't expect them to be too big on a 15 lbs baby.  I will wait and try again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • I haven't tried all of those brands, but I really do think it's true that certain diapers fit certain babies better. I have 2 OS FBs that always leak, without fail. I thought DD would eventually fit into them, but she's 18mo and 22 lbs and I finally decided to sell them. DD has skinny legs and I find that most pocket diapers don't work as well as other options on her. I also just recently sold my BG 4.0s and Kawaii's.
  • Yep, sounds like a fit issue. Does you LO have skinny legs?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're probably not doing anything wrong.  Every brand fits a little differently and not everything is going to work for your baby.  I just sold off a bunch of Kawaii and FB OS for exactly that reason.  I agree that it is a good idea to wait a little while and try again, but it may be that those brands just aren't a good fit for your LO.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"