Stay at Home Moms

What do you want for Christmas...

I'm already in the Christmas mood! But, I'm also selfish, so I'm thinking about myself. ;)

What are you asking for this holiday season?

Re: What do you want for Christmas...

• I already have my list going on a sticky on my desktop lol.  A satellite radio for my car, a misto (been meaning to get one but always forget and it's a low priced item that I can tell people that ask what I want but don't spend a ton), and a nice quality pullover hoodie is all I have so far.  I also like surprises though, and last year told my family who goes way overboard to surprise me and it was great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A food processor, the outline started on my half sleeve, and a pressure cooker.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Loading the player...
  • Some make-up items, a particular perfume, a Le Creuset dutch oven, a one-time cleaning service for right before my due date, manicure gift certificate.  My parents and IL's always hound me for a list, so I have been making an effort to at least try to do so in advance.
    DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • A small/ cheap sewing machine, Fabric to make a wrap and ring sling, and a Tiffany's necklace with an E pendant (DS is named Elliot). =) Thats all I'm asking for. The sewing machine I want is around $70, the fabric I want is $6 a yard and I need about 3 yards, and the necklace is $150. I might nix the necklace because I really don't want DH to spend that much on me. I'd rather spend more on LO since its his first christmas, ya know? 
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    A small/ cheap sewing machine

Me too :) And lessons on how to use it... And a membership to our local rec center so I can take advantage of their moms & tots classes, and their free childcare. And clothes... my wardrobe needs a serious refresher! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• A new cell phone, clothes, decor, jewelry, bubble bath, amazon kindle gift cards, nail polish, curtains for my bedroom...lol, just a few things ;)
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • So far all I want is a carpet cleaner. Researching them now so I'll take recs if anyone has them!

Oh yeah, I also want new towels for the master bathroom and a new duvet cover.

• It depends some if we'll have a new house to move into by then or  if we're still living with family.  If we have a new house, I want new bedding and gift cards to buy decorations.  

If we're still staying with family, a family membership to the gym, so we don't drive each other crazy.  

Other things: Clothes, giftcards for sewing supplies 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The water proof case for my iphone!
  • imagecjcouple:
    I want a dslr camera but our budget doesn't fit that so most likely it will be a bunch of small stuff. New clothes, gift cards, purse, etc

Ask for Best Buy or a similar store gift cards from everybody and then put them together for the camera. I asked for gift certificates to this local store that had the dishes I wanted {They're by Match and they're beautiful!}! Worked great!

• imageAliciaS1411:
    A small/ cheap sewing machine, Fabric to make a wrap and ring sling, and a Tiffany's necklace with an E pendant (DS is named Elliot). =) Thats all I'm asking for. The sewing machine I want is around $70, the fabric I want is $6 a yard and I need about 3 yards, and the necklace is $150. I might nix the necklace because I really don't want DH to spend that much on me. I'd rather spend more on LO since its his first christmas, ya know? 

Why spend money on the baby who won't even know it's Christmas. ;) First Christmas isn't the time IMO to be spending all the money on the child. They'll probably sleep through it anyway. :) 

• I honestly have no idea what I want for Christmas. I really want to spend Christmas in New York, so if we do, that would be my present. I am dying to see the Christmas tree, the Rockettes and the Nutcracker!

If we don't go, I will probably ask for the wallet I've been wanting and these earrings I have my eye on. 

• My MIL just e-mailed to ask, and I said kitchen stuff.  I could use some new pots.  It would be nice to have a fun cookie jar, or some new canisters. 

I will probably ask for slippers (again) from my husband, but do some research and find some really fabulous ones that aren't going to wear our when I wear them all the time.  

I'm such a mom :-(

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Lol! You can tell I'm a new mom. I want a playmat to put down on my hardwood for the LO, a DVD/tv player for the car and a manicure.
  • With so many little ones, and a daughter who's taste in more expensive brand clothes keeps growing, dh and I don't buy for ourselves. I don't mind. We have been planning a really big gift to giver ourselves for a while now, and that's a much larger house. So, when the perfect house comes up for us next year, that will be our gift to ourselves and our family. All I truly want is a little more space to breath!
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• imageariel06:

It depends some if we'll have a new house to move into by then or  if we're still living with family.  If we have a new house, I want new bedding and gift cards to buy decorations.  

If we're still staying with family, a family membership to the gym, so we don't drive each other crazy.  

Other things: Clothes, giftcards for sewing supplies 

It is going to depend on house stuff for us too.  Right now we are in a rental (sold our house before we found something) and we have stuff in a storage unit, at my FIL's business, at my parents, etc.  Everyone knows (I think) that we aren't dying for more "stuff".  This girl really wants a house for Christmas :)  Or a building plan.  Or for the house we are renting to not sell.  Other than that, I need to work on my list!

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I have a pair of pearl earrings from Tiffany at the top of my list.  Other than that, jeans and a Tory Burch tote I love.  

I'm trying to convince DH to keep Christmas pretty low-key this year, so maybe just the earrings?  And probably jeans from my parents--they always ask what to buy me and my sisters.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I keep a note on my IPhone that I update with Christmas wants : my and DH's parents are divorced so we always have a ton of family members asking for a list! So far there are a lot of books and a couple CDs I want. I'll also ask for cloths Northface has some cute sweaters that I want and there are some cardigans at White House Black Market I love.

This is my LOs first Xmas but DH and I don't plan on getting her anything since she has 4 sets of grandparents spoiling her! We probably won't be getting her gifts until she's old enough to get the whole Santa thing...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• A Kitchenaid stand mixer, preferably in pink ;)
  • In all seriousness, a carpet cleaner. DH thinks I'm joking and he feels that if he gets me something cleaning wise that he will end up in the doghouse. 
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • imagevintagejjane:
    In all seriousness, a carpet cleaner. DH thinks I'm joking and he feels that if he gets me something cleaning wise that he will end up in the doghouse. 

One Christmas, I desperately wanted these pink dish washing gloves from Williams Sonoma. I must have shown them to DH a thousand times. Come Christmas when I didn't get them I was really disappointed. I finally said something and he had totally thought I was kidding and would be upset if he got me dish washing gloves.

They magically appeared one morning =)

• I want a nice purse and a vintage style bycicle with a seat for LO.
  • DH and I don't exchange gifts anymore.  I would just like a date night for Christmas!!! 

From family I would like Pandora charms and gift cards.

• This year we plan on going all out since I am working 2 jobs until Dec we have a good savings and have been putting money away for the holidays
    I want a ipad/tablet, new phone contract up and maybe some gift cards.
    DH also wants a new phone and probably golf clubs.
    DS is getting the grand walk in kitchen by Step2 and maybe a train set. Both sides of the family spoil him so we will do one big item and thats it.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecjcouple:
    I want a dslr camera but our budget doesn't fit that so most likely it will be a bunch of small stuff. New clothes, gift cards, purse, etc

Ah yes, the camera is what I want too, but I think I'll hold out for my birthday.

Other than that, I'd like a couple cute maternity tops. All of my current ones are over 4 years old. DH and I don't do too much for each other, mostly just for the kids and my family has agreed not to buy for adults, just for kids. We've done it for years and it makes the holidays far less stressful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• I have become obsessed with tea so anything from our local tea shop would be nice. Also, bubble bath, new makeup, new boots, a ski jacket and some new books would be nice. Oh and boardwalk empire on DVD.
  • -Black leather ankle boots/booties

-sephora GC

-fashion scarves

-new bra (from DH)

-Long cardigans (cashmere would be awesome)

-Running shoes

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • I badly need clothes.
    I want an iPad. Books. My china cabinet to finally be painted and brought into the house from the garage.
    DS to sleep through the night. [;]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Michael Kors watch and  Tory Burch flats, 
  • Oh you guys are giving me ideas!  I want a new purse too :-P 

I forgot that when DH comes home we want to get a new TV.  That's probably going to tie in as Christmas too.  Poo!!  lol

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • A cleaning lady.  I can handle the day to day stuff, it's the deep cleaning that never gets done.
  • imageKateMW:

imageAliciaS1411:
    A small/ cheap sewing machine, Fabric to make a wrap and ring sling, and a Tiffany's necklace with an E pendant (DS is named Elliot). =) Thats all I'm asking for. The sewing machine I want is around $70, the fabric I want is $6 a yard and I need about 3 yards, and the necklace is $150. I might nix the necklace because I really don't want DH to spend that much on me. I'd rather spend more on LO since its his first christmas, ya know? 

Why spend money on the baby who won't even know it's Christmas. ;) First Christmas isn't the time IMO to be spending all the money on the child. They'll probably sleep through it anyway. :) 

Yeah you're right. I have a few things on my list for him but its not going to total more than 60 or 70 bucks. hmm....lol 

• I honestly don't want anything.  I asked my mom for dish towels, lol.  I'm just not feeling it, gift-wise, this year.

Maybe an Ergo, to hold my crazy clingy baby?  By then she'll be getting a little too big for the wrap I'm using.

It's all about the kids now.

• imageAliciaS1411:
    imageKateMW:

imageAliciaS1411:

Yeah you're right. I have a few things on my list for him but its not going to total more than 60 or 70 bucks. hmm....lol 

More gifts for you!! :)

He is such a doll btw.  

• All things diamonds :) DH is really good at picking jewelry :D
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • A Vitamix and a Le Creuset dutch oven.  I'll be happy if I receive just one of them.  :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Beco Gemini, earrings, scrapbook stuff, a few things for my cricut machine, craft items (to make DD bows), pjs, cute christmas ornaments, newspaper subscription.  Been working on it...it is more detailed than this, but you get the idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"