March 2012 Moms
Options

DH vent! Sorry!

He is killing me! I am a SAHM and he honestly thinks I sit here and do nothing all day. I wonder of he thinks some little angle cleans the house makes dinner takes care of the baby walks the dog cleans the bottles etc! Then on top of this he has completely quit wanting to spend time with the LO. Oh don't get me wrong as long as I am holding LO he will talk and play but If he actually has to hold him he complains. He will not help me when he gets home from work he would rather run or work outside till 7pm. It's driving me crazy. When I ask him to help so I can do something he says why didn't you call my mom to watch P while I was at work, you could have already had that done. Well because he's not her child!!! Shew he's killing me. Vent over.

Re: DH vent! Sorry!

• Options
    Bleh DH was that way for a while so I scheduled a few hours away so he could see how difficult it is to juggle dd and other chores. He doesn't complain anymore.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

So sorry. My DH and I went through this .. along with other things.. when DD was born. We left for 3 or 4 days so he could see what it was like with out us. He chaged his attitude really quick. I hope things start getting better. They are just so hard headed sometimes.

photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsJetSet:
    Bleh DH was that way for a while so I scheduled a few hours away so he could see how difficult it is to juggle dd and other chores. He doesn't complain anymore.

I've done this. Then he says "Now I see why you don't always get everything done." Then the next week is back to saying I do nothing all day. 

PP- Maybe he needs a night out with his friends? Not sure if he goes out at all. But sometimes a night off can help. Men suck sometimes. Hope it ends soon for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are not alone DH tried to pull this. I'm a SAHM too and when he would get off work he would want to do things like mow the grass, clean the garage.. ANYthing to be out of the way until DS went to sleep. NOW he has family time when he gets home until DS goes to bed which is 6-7 ish so not that late. So I can cook dinner or go to the gym. I think it got better once DS started to actually PLAY and giggle with him. When DH gets home DS smiles and laughs and is happy to see him. I think that helps 
  • Options
    imageMrsJetSet:

I'll try this first. If it doesn't work I'm going to the next step cvick mentioned. Thanks!
  • Options
    I prob shouldnt have just left but there were other things envolved than him not helping . I guess you could say I took extreme measures but he knows better now. There comes a point where you take all you can and Id had enought of his BS. So I did what any country girl would do, I ran to daddy. Yea I know real mature of me. Eh what do you do. I dont feel bad about it one bit.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options

I think every DH of a SAHM does this to some extent at some point. DH loves to play with DD but he does work long hours then he does need to do things around the house. I get that. But sometimes I don't get things done and need 30-60 minutes of him taking care of DD not just 5-10 minutes here and there. He often gives me attitude about it.

What helped us was the summer. His hobby/sport has us on the road and outside every weekend. He finally understood how much she needs. She is an easy baby but he has been around when it hasn't been an easy day. He had to actually deal with it before he could "get" it.

I do try to let him have some time each day to relax as long as he lets me have some too. If he starts to complain, I remind him that even if there are still dirty dishes and laundry isn't folded yet, I am just as busy as he is even if I don't have a job.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options

Yeah, DH's can be a pain in the butt. I sometimes feel like he's another child. He expects the woman to do pretty much everything. He would rather sit and play video games than clean the house. We both work but he gets some days all to himself. He spends them playing those games. Angry

Anyone want a free playstation? lol

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Your not alone. My DH has been there done that. I am a SAHM and will wake up and think today I am going to get this, and this, and oh yeah that done. Then when I only get half of what I wanted done I feel bad enough. Then for my DH to come home and comment on it, it sends me over the edge! We finally talked about it, but he finally understood when he had to spend a few hours at home with stuff to do, while watching DD. Oh yeah, he didn't get anything done that he wanted! Hope it gets better for you, just wanted you to know your not alone.
  • Options

DH is pretty understanding, but he also has moments where he complains about the house not being clean or the fact that I didn't make dinner, etc.  It doesn't help that his mom feeds into this idea that my day must be very relaxing being at home.  You'd think that she would understand, having been a mother.

I agree though that they need to experience it first hand in order to get it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"