Working Moms

First day back to work tomorrow

I was so fortunate to have 6 months Maternity Leave with my DD but I am still so sad that I have to go back.  It just went by too fast and my DD still seems so little to leave her for the whole day.  I'm going to miss her so much.  My mom will be taking care of her so at least I have the peace of mind that she will be in good hands but it is still hard.

And I actually had a dream the other night that I came back and all of the kids (I'm a teacher) kept asking me where Miss D. was (my leave replacement) and anytime I did a lesson or activity with them they would say, "I like the way Miss D. did this better."  :-(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First day back to work tomorrow

• It will be just fine, go by fast and you will be back home with DD in no time. Don't over think it.
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Good luck! I have that same fear when I go back into my classroom!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I have one more month until my leave is up and I know my students will be telling me, "Miss so and so did things this way," and I'll have to explain that yes she did but this is my classroom and I am here.  It doesn't make me want to go back to work at ALL.  But the good thing is that the holidays are coming up and that means Thanksgiving week off, 3 wks for winter so that is good.  The hard part will be the long stretch from Jan-May......ugh.  We can do it! 

Hope your first day back went smoothly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"