September 2012 Moms

My poor baby has an eye infection :(

My poor baby has been super fussy the last couple days and I could not figure out what was wrong with her at all. Then this morning I wake up and her poor little eye was super watery and gooky and a bit red. I wiped it with a tissue and she cried and cried. I ended up taking her to the doctor and the poor sweety has an eye infection and has an eye creme 3x daily for 7 days. I'm guessing this is probably why she has been so fussy. Poor sweetie!

And it also seems like everybody around us is getting a cold and sick and I'm avoiding them like the plague. But my DH seems to think she "needs to get sick" and that "all babies are sick by the time they are a month old" I could kick his butt! She does not NEED to get sick :( anybody else being super protective of sick people? 

PCOS, Severe Hypertension, Diabetic. Started TTC in 2007.
(12-2011) 5MG Femara (CD 3-7) w/ Repronex (CD 8-16) HCG trigger (CD 17) = BFP!!
Photobucket
Layla born Aug 31st 2012
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My poor baby has an eye infection :(

• We're dealing with an eye infection here too. Blocked tear duct got a bit infected. Sadly, it's very common. We dealt with this with DD as well.

theres plenty of time for the babies to get sick. You should do your best to keep LO away from known sick people for the first few months. If a baby under 2m gets a fever, it pretty much requires a trip to the ER for a spinal tap. Fun times. Tell your DH you don't want to pay an ER copay. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• imagedamabo80:

We're dealing with an eye infection here too. Blocked tear duct got a bit infected. Sadly, it's very common. We dealt with this with DD as well.

Were they fussier with their eye infections? I'm still trying to figure out if it's that or something else.  

Photobucket
    Layla born Aug 31st 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekrissers2012:
    imagedamabo80:

We're dealing with an eye infection here too. Blocked tear duct got a bit infected. Sadly, it's very common. We dealt with this with DD as well.

Were they fussier with their eye infections? I'm still trying to figure out if it's that or something else.  

LO has an eye infection due to the tear ducts being clogged.. its never bothered him. When we try to wipe it though, he will squirm. Warm compresses help! GL :) 

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

• DD also has a blocked tear duct. It was doing good and is oozing again so we had to restart the drops. Hope your dd feels better asap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You should totally kick your H butt! I'm at home with a sick 1 month old and it is no fun!! You could try putting some breastmilk in the eye. DD had a clogged tear duct and I started putting milk in it and it cleared up after just a couple of days. Good luck and hope baby feels better!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmmm, she is awfully gassy but she has been since day 1 and she just now is acting super fussy. Maybe she is just fed up of it. Any suggestions on what to do? I've tried Simiac Sensitive, tried Ready to Feed and powder, have tried Nuk, Dr.Brown, gas drops, gripe water. I'm out of ideas.
    Photobucket
    Layla born Aug 31st 2012
  • imagekvickery:
    You should totally kick your H butt! I'm at home with a sick 1 month old and it is no fun!! You could try putting some breastmilk in the eye. DD had a clogged tear duct and I started putting milk in it and it cleared up after just a couple of days. Good luck and hope baby feels better!!

Ditto this.  DS had a goopy eye on Sunday and putting breastmilk in it a couple times a day for the past couple of days has completely cleared it up.

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• How do u know if you have a blocked tear duct? How did you apply the milk?Just a little on your finger and put on the inner corner of their eye?
    imageimage Cooper James 9.1.2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"