Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Which double stroller would you get? Joovy, BJCM, Bumbleride

So I think I've got it narrowed down to three strollers: BJCM double, Bumbleride Indie double, and Joovy Scooter x2. Anyone look at these three and pick one? I'd love to know why you chose one over the other two.

We currently have a BJCM single and we love it; literally the only things I don't like about the double is the high price and the hard-to-get-to basket. I love that with the Joovy, the basket is easier to get to, it comes with the belly bar, and it's cheaper. And the Bumbleride, I like the wheels and well, it looks cool (and I think it comes with the carseat adapter??). Please help!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Which double stroller would you get? Joovy, BJCM, Bumbleride

• Options

I almost got the indie twin but decided to get the city mini double GT. I loved the all terrain and how it came with the parent console. The hard to get basket is a pain but it is easier to get things you need from the side and I just don't put my diaper bag underneath. I have a skip hop double duo diaper bag (for twins) that fits perfectly with my side-by-side and hold everything I need and all I put in the basket is sweaters or items I don't need often. 

At the time the Indie twin got recalled and the city mini GT went on sale on albeebaby.com I am also happy I could use the same accessories between my GY and my city select.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'd go with the bjcm. From what I've heard, the bumbleride stuff are all cheaply made of crappy plastic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHALFM00N:
    I'd go with the bjcm. From what I've heard, the bumbleride stuff are all cheaply made of crappy plastic.
    I TOTALLY disagree with that about the Bumbleride. I have worked as a nanny and used a lot of strollers, from singles up to triple ones. The Bumbleride Indie Twin is by FAR my favorite of all. It has been very sturdy, easy to handle, light enough for me to load in and out of the car, and pushes great. No crappy plastic on this one.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:
    imageHALFM00N:
    Sorry, but as an owner of two Bumblerides, one of which we have had since my DS1 was born and has had lots of use in rough terrain, that is bullshit and quite the opposite. Our single still looks and works great.
    I was going to say, I don't remember the Bumblerides having much plastic at all. This stroller was one of my choices when we ended up with our Phil and Ted Sport, but they were having issues getting the Indie shipped. Otherwise, I'm with MJ on this one. I far prefer it over the Joovy (not a fan of their products, too many plastic parts), and the BJCM is second, but not a close second.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Hi,

I agree that a City Mini GT double is a great in-between City Mini and Indie Twin.

The City Mini GT double has nicer tires, seats, and adjusting handle than the BJCMD.  And it's not quite as bulky folded - or expensive - as the Indie Twin.

I'll also throw in my two cents that Bumbleride strollers are not at all plasticky.  I'm not sure what that poster was thinking!

Eric 

• Options
    I am getting the bumbleride indie twin. I test drove it and loved it. I don't recall it being plastic and cheap! It was well made and very sturdy!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"