Multiples
Options

Any New England MOMs? (Poll)

Ok tell me if I'm crazy... I have my midwives permission but I am still a little nervous. We were planning on going to the Big E Sunday with my best friend and her family. I was told I was allowed to go but I have to use a scooter if I go so I am not worried about the walking. I really want to go but am really nervous about the potential to go into labor and then have to ride in the car all the way home (about an hour and 10 mins - I live in West Haven, CT). Should I go and enjoy a last day out (and eat lots of yummy goodies) or stay home because I am nervous? At this point there is no signs of me going into labor anytime soon according to the midwives & MFM.[Poll]

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

Re: Any New England MOMs? (Poll)

• Options
    Where do u live? When was the last time u were at the big E? I live on the south shore but my hubbys whole family lives in Westfield. I find the big E boring if I go every year so we take 2 to 3 years off in between. With my first two pregnancies and this one as well, we do not go to Westfield the last few months since I don't want to risk labor out there. We r about and hour and a half away. Gl with whatever u decide but I vote big E is not worth risks...
    3 *GIRLS* UNDER 3!! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would go!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I really love the Big E so I'm biased...lol

I would go an know the limits of your body, don't be afraid to take breaks or get a scooter towards the end, also eat a craz-E burger. 

Lilypie - (5WpR)
    Me(26)PCOS, Hypothyroidism & Incompetent Cervix  DH(28)Azoospermia
    4/11 Off BCPs -- Cycle 1-3 (6months) - No ovulation, Provera
    Cycle 4-6 - Provera, Clomid 50mg, CD23BW - All BFN (HSG-all clear)
    Dec 2011 DH S/A shows zero count - dx Azoo
    TESE 4/13/12 - Sperm found!! 5 viles frozen
    IVF ICSI #1- (Lupron protocol) 5R 2F 2dt- 2DP & 4CF - BFFN
    IVF ICSI #2-  (Antagonist protocol) Started stims 7/26
    ER 8/8 11R 9F 3dt - 9BF & 7BF (+HPT 8dp3dt)TWINS! EDD 5/1/13
    <312/9 Joshua David and Zoe Faith born too early at 19w4d due to incompetent cervix <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
      LAP Transabdominal Cerclage - 4/15/13 only possibility of carrying my children to term 
    IVF#3 - June 2013 -  canceled.
    IVF ICSI #3.2- (Antagonist Protocol) 7/26 start stims (same day, a year later from J & Z's stim start date!)
     ER 8/7 19R 9F 3dt of 2- 8BF embryos. (+HPT 7dp3dt) Beta #1 - 82.8 Beta #2 - 821 Beta #3 - 7254
    9/11/13 - U/S shows 1 baby HR 135bpm! EDD: 4/30/13
    It's a BOY!!
    2/9/14 - DX Gestational Diabetes
    C-section scheduled for 4/7/14 (36w5d)
    Colin Joseph - 1:07pm 6lbs 14oz - 8 days in the NICU
    Everyone Welcome!
  • Options
    Go! Just pay attention to your body and have fun :)
  • Options

hey west haven, i say go for it,  i wish i could come too!

Love

Norwalk : )

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options

I say go for it!  Just take it easy and stay hydrated. 

(Coming from someone who had to miss all the fair fun and goodies this year)

After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Never been but I hear it can be lots of fun!  Just take it easy and don't overdo it.
  • Options
    Compromise and go to the Durham Fair! :)
  • Options

imageJennygurl:

The problem with the Durham Fair is all the mud from the torrential rain we had yesterday, and they don't rent scooters which is the mandate from my midwife to attend an event like this.  Also the food at the Big E is soooo much better!

I think we have decided we are going to go.  Especially since the weather is going to be a little cooler and we will just go slow and go home when I'm ready.  The kids wont last the whole day anyway.

• Options
    imagebethCT:

hey west haven, i say go for it,  i wish i could come too!

Love

Norwalk : )

Seriously (Norwalk) ??? Me too!  :)

IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJodiAriel:

imageJennygurl:

The problem with the Durham Fair is all the mud from the torrential rain we had yesterday, and they don't rent scooters which is the mandate from my midwife to attend an event like this.  Also the food at the Big E is soooo much better!

I think we have decided we are going to go.  Especially since the weather is going to be a little cooler and we will just go slow and go home when I'm ready.  The kids wont last the whole day anyway.

Did you end up going? How was it? I'm a CT girl too and have missed every single fair because I had no idea they rented scooters (I'm on partial bed rest).  Now I'm dying for delicious food. 

IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I went and had a great time!  The scooter was super fun to use too and my friends 5 year old got a great kick from riding with me.  I ate my way from one end to the other, cheese curds, maple cream, fudge, giant baked potato, roasted corn on the cob, maple cotton candy, fried dough... it's a good thing I don't have GD!! 

image imageimage

• Options
    imageJodiAriel:

I went and had a great time!  The scooter was super fun to use too and my friends 5 year old got a great kick from riding with me.  I ate my way from one end to the other, cheese curds, maple cream, fudge, giant baked potato, roasted corn on the cob, maple cotton candy, fried dough... it's a good thing I don't have GD!! 

image imageimage

Oof!!! I'm jealous! Great to hear you had a good time! I'm in Branford by the way! Nice to see people so close by!
  • Options
    imageJodiAriel:

image imageimage

Oof!!! I'm jealous! Great to hear you had a good time! I'm in Branford by the way! Nice to see people so close by!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"