Pre-School and Daycare

Who's planning a princess party?

I think a lot of us have little girls who swoon over all things princess :) Anyone else planning a princess birthday party? I would love to hear your ideas!

dd#1 turns 4 at the end of November and we're having a generic princess party (ie- not a specific Disney princess :)

I bought this printable pack off of etsy and I am totally thrilled with it. So I would say the "theme" of the party is pink and crowns :) 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/76257722/princess-birthday-invitation-printable

Our party begins at 11am and on the invitation, I wrote "royal attire is welcome" so I imagine we'll have lots of little princess.  We're only inviting girls. Not enough room for boys! I imagine there will be about 15 girls which makes for at least 30 guests (including moms.)

I have actually hired a princess to show up and surprise the girls about 20 minutes after the party starts. (very reasonable- I was so pleasantly surprised!!) She is going to read a little book, teach them a dance using wands that I bought, and take pictures with each.

Here's where I need help- what should I do with the girls until the princess shows up? I want to give everyone time to arrive... I guess they could just run around my family room but if I could come up with some sort of activity, I would love that!!! I even thought to have just coloring sheets but that doesn't excite me. Any ideas??? The weather should be fine, so they could def. go outside but we don't have a playset and I don't want them getting dirty right at the beginning. 

After the princess does her thing, we'll have lunch outside. Crown PB&Js, fruit wands and maybe cheese stars for the girls and chicken salad, pasta salad, and something else for the moms. I'm also doing a champagne punch (for the queens only of course!) 

Then sing happy birthday, cupcake time, and adios!

I found cheap lipgloss and nail polish at TJ Maxx for the goodie bag, And the girls will get to take home their wands too.  

I would love to hear your ideas or if you've been to a clever party recently, what the hostess did that made it extra special.

:) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who's planning a princess party?

• I would do a craft like this

https://www.orientaltrading.com/fabulous-foam-princess-frames-a2-57_2374-12-1.fltr?Ntt=princess

Or at sweet n sassy they do a glitter stamp on the face.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I bought little papier mache heart shaped boxes at a craft store and painted them white ahead of time.  We bought little sticker "jewels" from the dollar store/craft store and the girls decorated their little jewelry boxes.  They loved it!  We had girls there between the age of 3 and 12.

• Loading the player...
  • Great ideas, thank you both!!
  • We had a princess party for my daughter in May.  We had a princess show up at the party and the kids LOVED it!

We had it at a local park, the kids were able to play on the playground, I also brought along my daughters sand and water table and I filled it with pink sand (from Walmart) and large fake diamonds (in the wedding section at craft stores) and small princess characters.  The sand area was probably the most popular activity.  I had purchased a bunch of pink easter grass after easter and I was going to put that in the table rather than sand (less messy) but I caved and did sand.Smile  I also had my husband make a dress up center out of wood and mirrors and I filled it with dress up clothes so the kids could change outfits and look at themselves in the mirrors.  My husband also make a giant castle out of wood that we used for pictures and it had a door the kids could go in and out of the castle.  We also had a frog/prince game it was basically a frog made out of wood with the mouth cut out, with bean bag lips (kisses) and the kids could throw the kisses into the frogs mouth.  I made the bean bags myself it was really easy no sewing required!!! 

I found an idea online that suggested buying a fancy pair of high heels at a thrift shop and hidding one and having the kids find the missing "glass" slipper, you could also do that with princess crowns, wands,etc...

I cant remember how to post pictures or I would show you some of my pictures.  I had so much fun planning it!  It sounds like you are going to have a great party and dont need much more.  I know the princess was a huge hit :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"