June 2012 Moms

Trying to sit up?

Is your LO trying to sit up?

This week I noticed that LO is trying to lift his head from any lying down position. However, mostly from the lying flat on his back position. He will lean forward lifting his head. I watched him try to do it in the RNP so I guess, I might have to stop using it. Also, watched him try to sit up right in his new convertible car seat. He leans forward and reaches for his toes or sucks on the plastic buckle... :(  And he does it from time to time laying in bed.  So many new developments this week!

Are any of your LOs doing this?  

Re: Trying to sit up?

• not exactly, she leans forward - almost like going to crawl - to grab toys from the ground while she is sitting with her back against my stomach. She also fights going from sitting to laying almost as if she is doing a sit up.

We put her high chair out today so she can sit with us during meals.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yes! G has been pulling herself up little by little since week 12. She is getting pretty good at it. However-still no signs of rolling over anytime soon so I'm just going to revel in this victory for now!:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup! Last week he started to hold his head forward in the tubby, almost like he's doing a crunch, only hold it there for a long time, so I've been sitting him up all week to see if he can stay. The other day he lasted almost 5 seconds before toppling over! Like Jamiah's LO he is not interested in rolling at all so I think he might be one of those babies who ends up sitting before he rolls. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Yep, DS sure is. He pulls his neck and head forward in his infant seat, he head and neck up when laying flat or if yopu try to craddle him in your arms. If you prop him up against a pillow, but he's not quite vertical, he still tries to pull his head and neck forward. It's so amazing to see, but he whines until you hold him facing out and vertical or pull him up to sitting on the floor. He can't actually sit unassisted, but really wants to!

I've just been holding him facing out, and sitting him leaned up against my stomach or a pillow. He's much happier like that right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep! LO does not like to lay back anymore.  He is constantly trying to get himself up.  especially when he does not want to go to sleep!  Plus, I've noticed he's preferring to be fed sitting up more than usual. 
  • imageacbfreire:

not exactly, she leans forward - almost like going to crawl - to grab toys from the ground while she is sitting with her back against my stomach. She also fights going from sitting to laying almost as if she is doing a sit up.

We put her high chair out today so she can sit with us during meals.

oooh....Yes. I should actually put out his high chair too. I totally forgot that I have it. It's still in the box. And I can wait until he can use his Jumper. I can't believe how fast he's growing. He will be 4 months in 2 days....ack!  

• My daughter has been doing that since she was like 8 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • DD has been doing this for a little while now. If I have her laying in my lap she pulls her neck/head forward as if trying to get her body up into a sitting position. She also likes to pull away from my body now when I walk around holding her in a vertical position, and when I sit her in my lap (with support, of course).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO has been doing this in the RNP too. He started leaning forward.. I think he's trying to grab his feet. I don't let him sleep in it anymore because it made me nervous. LO is in the crib full time now. I'll probably stop using the RNP all together soon.

He doesn't try to sit up from a laying position in the crib though. He will swing his legs up to grab his feet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"