Breastfeeding

Big-Busted Nursing Mamas, Come In!

A little poll for those of us with bosoms on the larger side...

1. What size are your breasts? 

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel?

3. What is your preferred nursing position? 

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one?

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area?

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Big-Busted Nursing Mamas, Come In!

• imageTaterTot408:

1. What size are your breasts? 34H

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? I love my Anita nursing bras

3. What is your preferred nursing position? I started out using football hold, but now cross cradle is my go-to. I nurse lying down at night.

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? BOTH! If I get lazy/bored and don't use my second hand to support my breast, it messes up LO's latch.

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? I've only done it a few times, with a cover. I'm struggling with this a lot because of needing both hands to latch LO, who tends to come unlatched a few times throughout a nursing session. I can't do this "blind," so to speak.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? I think having a larger chest can add some struggles to breastfeeding, but overall I'm just thankful that I can feed my baby boy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohhhh, Sounds fun! I'll bite. But first- your LO's pic is adorable!

1. 34 D before ds1, now (after ds2- still nursing) 38DDDD/G

2. I try them on in the expensive boutiques and then order online (cheaper) after I find one that fits good. One word- Bravado

3. Side lying

4. Just one hand now.

5. I NIP without a cover. I do the top out method and I don't have special nursing tops.  My advice is to not care about NIP. If someone if offended, it's not my problem- it's theirs. I always am in a non- busy area, being quiet and out of everyone's way.

6. I sweat underneath the gals so I use baby powder sometimes.

HTH! 

Certified Lactation Counselor Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTaterTot408:

1. What size are your breasts? 34zh

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? I bought a nice nursing bra from a bra shop.  Execellent fit and support.

3. What is your preferred nursing position? cross cradle now that we having nursing under control. Football hold in the beginning.

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? Both. I need to support the breast.

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? I do nip. I use a cover with a band in the top that holds it out so I can see baby. It is a handmade version of the Hooter Hider.  I also wear an Undercover Mama shirt so I don't feel like I am exposing everything. These things help me with my comfort level to nip.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? In the beginning it is a pia but it is much better now.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageTaterTot408:
    A little poll for those of us with bosoms on the larger side...1. What size are your breasts?nbsp;2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? 3. What is your preferred nursing position?nbsp;4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one?5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? 6. Anything you'd like to add about being a bigbusted nursing mama?

Size 38 DD
    Leading lady nursing bras
    Both hands
    Cross cradle and football holds
    I use a Nursing coverbut it's a challenge to nurse in public
  • imageTaterTot408:

1. What size are your breasts? 34H

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? a local store that has nursing bras, cloth diapers, and lots of other great stuff. I'll ditto what a PP said--Bravado!

3. What is your preferred nursing position? cross cradle in some form or another... DD is wiggly and gets herself into some odd variations

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? both! If I move the supporting hand, DD unlatches

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? Yes, with a cover. I've never had a problem.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? It stinks that it's hard to find clothes to fit, but I'm so glad that I'm able to nurse her. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTaterTot408:
    A little poll for those of us with bosoms on the larger side...1. What size are your breasts? 36DD

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? Target...love the nursing tanks! T

3. What is your preferred nursing position? Football or cradle hold while using a Mybreastfriend.

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? Both...1 to make sure DS doesn't roll off and 1 to hold boob in place or it slips out of his mouth lol

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? Yes I NIP and w/o a cover Big Smile My only advice is...do what YOU feel is comfortable and don't care what anyone else thinks. I wasn't comfortable using a cover so why should I have to use one just because other people are "uncomfortable"?. I say if they don't like it then don't look! I NIP at IHOP today and had 2 different waiters do a double take Stick out tongue

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a bigbusted nursing mama? I put deodorant between my boobs to keep them from sweating...works like a charm and smells good.

• imageTaterTot408:

1. What size are your breasts? 36J

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? I get most of my stuff from Amazon, but there is also a little nursing boutique in the nearest city called The Lactation Station.  *giggle*

3. What is your preferred nursing position? We almost always nurse laying down.  LO fusses a lot when I try any other position. 

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? In side-lying, no, but every other position yes!

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? We NIP with an Aden & Anais swaddle blanket, but LO pulls it off most of the time.  I used to try to cover everything up, but I've slowly become less concerned about it.  I pull the blanket over my shoulder and across the top of my breast.  My shirt and DS cover most of the rest.

I still struggle with the "blind latch," so I try to position my body so that LO's head blocks the view for the greatest number of people.  Overall I just don't worry about those few seconds where my nip is exposed.  It's only a small amount of time, and I can get him latched so much more quickly if I can look! 

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? I think you get the hang of nursing with whatever goods you've got...that being said, 5 months in and many $100's spent in nursing bras and I still haven't found one I love.  Confused

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 10 months nursing and going strong...I am just going to add one suggestion. I fell in love with Glamourmoms nursing tanks!!! The are the only bras I could wear well and are the most supportive and comfortable things ever!!! In fact, I may still wear these after weaning. They gave a website and often sell on Zulily at a discount!
    TTC since May 2010; BFP#1 11/9/10; M/C 12/27/10; BFP#2 03/15/11; EDD 11/24/11 Very happy! Baby Girl was born 11/21/11. Beautiful and healthy!
  • imageTaterTot408:

1. What size are your breasts? They are a 38DD

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? Target, it is convenient and inexpensive!

3. What is your preferred nursing position? Football

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? two hands, all the time otherwise I feel like I might smother my LO.

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? I have only nursed at the weekly support group I go to.  I am trying to get brave enough to NIP but will defiantly use a cover.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? I sure wish I could nurse with one hand or without my boppy!

jFresh- Thanks for the diaper bag suggestion when NIP!  I think I am going to have to try that since I need that extra lift my LO!

• 1. What size are your breasts? 38h

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? Still haven't found one that works for me

3. What is your preferred nursing position? Football is my favorite... side lying is ok too

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? Depends on position, in football, just one.

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area?I've done it a few times, I don't like it. DS is horrible about the cover, so I just pick a private spot and wear a nursing tank under a shirt so we're covered that way... but generally if we're in a store or something I just go to the dressing room. Theres just too much realty to work with for it to work for us in public and I'm just not coordinated.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? Its a huge PITA but I'm glad I can do it

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What size are your breasts? Was 34DDDD/G pre-pregnancy; now I'm anywhere from 34H (empty) to 34whoknows (full)

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? breakoutbras.com. I've gotten hotmilk bras on super clearance (not beige!), Goddess (supportive), Anita (fine, not super), and Elomi (my favorite out-in-public bra, though the clip isn't as easy as most). I live in Target nursing tanks at home. My Glamourmom tank is mostly great, except they seem to think that boobs at this size must point east and west. The Bravado tank is pretty great too.

3. What is your preferred nursing position? Cross cradle on the Boppy. I've heard the cross cradle hold referred to as "transitional", but if I transitioned to cradle, my boob would smother him!

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? Mostly one, to hold the boob. The other if he gets wiggly, to keep him from rolling off.

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? Yes, usually with the burp cloth as a sort-of cover but mostly to catch any stray spraying. I have an Old Navy nursing top with side slits that isn't too attractive on, but is the easiest top to nurse in.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? To quote a PP, it beats cleaning bottles! And it's good to know they're useful after carting them around all these years.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What size are your breasts? 40 G

2. Where is your favorite place to buy nursing bras/apparel? I am so glad to read everyone's responses on this. I have been living in Target tanks and too small Walmart bras. These boobs need a lift and support! Originially Motherhood Maternity told me I had to get custom bras so I put it off because it would cost too much.

3. What is your preferred nursing position? Cross cradle using a firm pillow.

4. Does breastfeeding require both of your hands or just one? Just one to hold the boob or finger to push back the boob away from the LO's nose.

5. Do you nurse in public? With or without a cover? Any tips or suggestions in this area? No. I get too uncomfortable in public. I will nurse in the back of my car when I need to. Otherwise I use a bottle. She is great going back and forth.

6. Anything you'd like to add about being a big-busted nursing mama? I wish they were a couple cup sizes smaller so I wasn't so worried about smothering her face. Plus I wish it wasn't so hard to find bras for a decent price.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28017b
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
    DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCOS/ Anov 28 months
    (Former username: xxbblueangelxx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"