Dads & Dads-to-be

My wife was worried...

My wife was concerned that during nighttime feedings that I was zombie like and not fully alert. I usually change and rock my son back to sleep after feedings since she isn't as mobile after the c-section. So I found something to do during the BF until it's my turn....write on the community board. The light keeps me alert, I get to chill with my homies and my wife feels a little better because my sentences are coherent. It's a win-win.

That's it. Good night...well at least for another 3 hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My wife was worried...

• I was never freaked out as much as when I would fall asleep with the boy on my chest in that first week or so.  Zombie is a perfect word for that mindset.  Real trippy....

Now I rock him while I am standing after his late feedings.  Even then I start to fall out, but I am standing, so I pop right back up.  We are lucky though, he pretty much falls out right after his feedings so we can have him down in his crib in 10-15 minutes.

I sure don't lay down with him on my chest anymore...too scary!!

• Zombie moments, especially in the middle of the night, are to be expected.  Good thing these boards are 24-7 for situations like yours!  I've fallen asleep rocking my son before, and caught myself falling asleep on the couch my son on my chest before.  Fortunately, I'm aware enough when I have him that I can "sleep" without going all the way out, so I'm aware enough of where he was, but could at least get some rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageColtsdad:
    Zombie moments, especially in the middle of the night, are to be expected.  Good thing these boards are 24-7 for situations like yours!  I've fallen asleep rocking my son before, and caught myself falling asleep on the couch my son on my chest before.  Fortunately, I'm aware enough when I have him that I can "sleep" without going all the way out, so I'm aware enough of where he was, but could at least get some rest.

The first few times that happened to me when we got home from the hospital I would really freak out over it.  Now, I wake up almost before I doze off, and he is getting so big he is uncomfortable anyway now.

But when he was only 7 pounds, he was like a little stuffed teddy bear that put me to sleep quick whenever I held him late at night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"