January 2013 Moms
Options

To Register for a Travel System or Not??

Does anyone have any advice on whether to register for a travel system or should we just register for a car seat and stroller separately?  Does anyone have any suggestions on brand to get??  It's soooo overwhelming looking at them all!!!

Re: To Register for a Travel System or Not??

• Options

I like the travel system because they match, and you know that the car seat is going to fit with the stroller, and it's so much easier to clip in the car seat than to transfer baby from one to the other :)

I had a Graco Travel system that I got from a friend, which was decent, I have no complaints, and a Baby Trend Expedition stroller that I LOVE that also has a  travel system option, which is what I wish I would've gotten.

• Options
    I like the travel system when they are real little since the car seat gets heavy to carry and it is easy to just take the car seat out and snap it into the stroller.  It is especially nice during the winter so you don't have to take the baby out in the cold. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We opted not to go for the travel system because the strollers that went with them were very heavy. We went with a Graco Snug Ride and then got the stroller frame that it snaps into, it's just a frame, nothing fancy. We've also registered for a lightweight stroller to use when we graduate from the infant seat.
  • Options
    I'm registering for a travel system... I chose the Graco Stylus LX Travel System.  It's pricier than some of the other models at about 400 CAD but DH has expensive taste and I already had to talk him out of the 400 dollar LCD video monitor and the 80 dollar whirlpool tub or whatever lol.  I feel comfortable enough splurging a little on the car seat.  That said, we may have a system coming our way that is less than a year in use for free & if so we'll just use that.  Once the baby outgrows it, we will switch to a convertible carseat which starts at 6 months-ish and goes all the way to booster. We will continue using the stroller with the bigger seat until I feel the need for an umbrella stroller or no stroller at all.  I just want the convenience of the snap & go.
  • Options

We purchased the Chicco KeyFit car seat and got the $99.99 strap in stroller frame that works with the car seat. Then we registered for a light weight stroller to use in the summer and fall. DH also wants to buy a BOB Revolution jogging stroller so we can use it on the trails around our neighborhood and out on the disc golf course.

Some of my friends had gotten the Chicco travel systems and didn't like the strollers so that swayed my decision. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    We got a britax travel system.  It is much lighter than the Chico, about 11 pounds.  Also, the car seat on the Chico will not fit in the carriage at the grocery stroller, which we figured may be inconvenient if I needed to run to the store.  I don't want to put the whole car seat inside the carriage.  The only drawback is that there are not a lot of colors and it is about $100 more expensive. However Buy Buy Baby sells the system and they accept bed bath and beyond coupons, which made it only about $20 more than the Chico.
  • Options
    We got the Chicco travel system.  I had a travel system with both of my daughters and I loved it.  The frames like everyone else is talking about to me are total waste of money.  Just like the carseat they grow out of them fairly quickly.  Yes the systems are heavy but you are not carrying it around for heavens sake!  Unless you plan on jogging with the thing I think the travel systems are great.  Just my personal thoughts on that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options
    I got the Chicco infant carseat and the caddy stroller (car seat snaps into it). I've read that many people hate the travel systems because they are so heavy and it's a complete pain to get it in and out of the car. I'm very petite so I didn't even consider doing that. I registered for a lightweight stroller to use after she outgrows the infant carseat.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I found travel systems too clunky and cumbersome for my needs. I preferred to wear DS1 when he was very young, and didn't start using a stroller until he was 4 months. I ended up going with  Maclaren Triumph for my stroller and still use it with DS1, it's fantastic. I love how lightweight it is, how compactly it folds up (I had a 2 door Toyota Echo when I first had DS1, so not a lot of trunk space to spare), and it maneuvers it tight spaces easily.

I'd check out Baby Bargains to get more of an idea of what stroller best meets your needs.  We really considered how we would be using our stroller, and avoided having to buy multiple strollers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Not. We got it & never once used the stoller. 

If you are doing Chicco & need the stroller I can send you mine for $50 plus shipping ;)

Seriously though - never used it. Used the baby seat w/the snap and go. Then when he grew out of that seat I just got a McClaren.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was going to get the Graco Travel System because I like the SnugRide as an infant seat. I went to the store though and tried it out, and I felt the stroller was hard to maneuver and fold. So we stuck with the SnugRide and went with the BabyJogger City Mini, which has an affordable adaptor for the car seat. We live in a city and on a cobblestone street, so I wanted one that was easy to push around and had sturdy looking wheels. 
  • Options
    imagejobiann:

We purchased the Chicco KeyFit car seat and got the $99.99 strap in stroller frame that works with the car seat. Then we registered for a light weight stroller to use in the summer and fall. DH also wants to buy a BOB Revolution jogging stroller so we can use it on the trails around our neighborhood and out on the disc golf course.

Some of my friends had gotten the Chicco travel systems and didn't like the strollers so that swayed my decision. 

This!  I loved the Chicco carseat, but hated the stroller.  It didn't fit nicely in any trunk (we have a Prius and Highlander), and it was really heavy and left DS looking like he was uncomfortable.  We ended up getting a BOB revolution stroller 2nd hand and we LOVE it!  It goes everywhere and packs up nicely.  This time around we are getting a Graco Snugride carseat.  I loved my Chicco seat, but it doesn't seem like it fits nicely in any reasonably priced double strollers, at least not without costly adapter bars.  Since DS#1 isn't ready to give up the stroller, a double is necessary. 

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options

imageDMG122183:
    I was going to get the Graco Travel System because I like the SnugRide as an infant seat. I went to the store though and tried it out, and I felt the stroller was hard to maneuver and fold. So we stuck with the SnugRide and went with the BabyJogger City Mini, which has an affordable adaptor for the car seat. We live in a city and on a cobblestone street, so I wanted one that was easy to push around and had sturdy looking wheels. 

This is also what I'm doing. The City Mini is so lightweight and easy to fold/unfold, plus I have heard really great things from moms in my area about it. They all love it.

Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Travel system definately, the car seat and stroller not good for baby needs to be a carry cot then when baby is bigger the stroller. I got a Mikado Sporter, this one allowed me to have baby flat in the beginning and use car seat in the car for short journeys then amend to suit baby as he grew xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"