Special Needs
Options

Self Care Check-In

1) What did you do this week for yourself?

2) The challenge last week was to make up your own challenge.  What did you do?  Did you feel refreshed afterwards?  Do you plan to do it again?

3) This week's challenge: Pamper yourself.  Take a long bath, get your nails done, buy those shoes you've been eyeing, etc.

image      image      image

Re: Self Care Check-In

• Options

Last Monday I came down with the stomach flu.  I spent all of Monday - Wednesday between the bed and the bathroom (with the exception of Tuesday morning, when I was in the ER getting fluids).  So, last Monday I challenged myself to get more sleep.  Well, I did sleep some, but it really wasn't the restful sleep I was hoping for.  However, I can say that I did take care of myself.  I didn't worry about work and I left DH to take care of Lily for those three days.

DH and I are taking some time off next week - going on vacation and deep cleaning the house.  So, I don't think I'll spend more money than I have to this week.  But, a nice bath should do the trick for this week's challenge.

image      image      image
  • Options

I decided to try the last challenge - and I did it!

It wasn't a room or anything but I went through both boys' dressers and cleared out anything that didn't fit them anymore.  Lo and behold - there's room for the laundry now!  Have 2 big boxes full of clothes.  The newborn stuff is finding a home with a family from church who just had a baby but not too much in the way of disposable income for baby clothes.  There are things with the tags still on them (!) so I'm very happy to be able to help this family.   

I think this week's challenge shouldn't be so bad - maybe I will get those shoes I've been eyeing - or that haircut.  Decisions decisions. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Last week was to sleep more because my allergies were bothering me all hours of the night. My parents gave me allergy over the counter medicine and I have been sleeping through the night. I feel better and I am not as irritable.

I haven't done anything for myself this week yet but it is Monday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) I've been keeping up with my reading and I did do some fall shopping for myself

2) I didn't make up a challenge last week :(

• Options

image-auntie-:

I did buy myself a silver broadcloth jacket on sale at Lands End. One of my friends has a birthday party coming up next month, so I'll have something fun to wear with my boring jeans or black trousers. 

Small world!  I really wanted that jacket too but it was either that or a top I needed to complete a suit for work.  Cute choice!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Big fat fail here. The only thing I did do was buy something for myself, which almost never happens. I got a Petunia Pickle Bottom clutch off Babysteals to use as double duty purse and diaper bag. What's sad is that it's the first new diaper bag I've ever owned that wasn't free or a gift. It is one that I've liked for years, so I finally have one that is actually "me".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"