2nd Trimester

For momma preggers with their second or third

So I assumed that with this pregnancy I would not be able to "put up my feet" as much, aka sleeping in and having a lot of "me time". But holy cow, I feel like I can not get a good night's sleep. DH is trying to help out when he can, aka taking care of DS, who BTW has become very needed, and waking up from naps sooner (yes I'm trying to keep naps in for as long as I can).

I joke that it feels like my son is training me for next to no sleep nights with the new baby, which I want to remind him, we're got a while before that happens.

And when I try to get some sleep, I usually can't unless I know that DS is napping for that I am certain that DH is watching him.

Any other moms not getting enough shut eye?

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: For momma preggers with their second or third

• I'm lucky enough to have a supportive H who thinks I need lots of sleep. I get a nap each Saturday. It almost makes up for getting up at 5am with DS each morning so DH can get a little more sleep before work.
  • Sleep? Can you give me the definintion? Can you use it in a sentence, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not getting sleep either!! We moved DS to a toddler bed so he barely gets 8 hours of sleep a night.... so I barely get any sleep from him and then I am having trouble sleeping... it has to get better right??
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We dropped naps for DS six months ago. He sleeps through from 7pm-7am most nights. The nights he wakes up DH deals with it. For some reason as soon as I was pregnant I just could not get out of bed to go soothe him.

Sleep is a huge priority for me. I usually go to bed at 9:30, read a bit and then fall asleep between 10pm and 10:30. I've changed my diet recently and no sugar/grains/dairy makes it easier for me to get to sleep and stay asleep. I also stay off of the computer or watching television for at least an hour before I want fall asleep (the lights off the screen mess with your circadian rhythm).

Ask your DH to help out and start making sleep a priority. My DH sleeps in a bit on weekends and I get up with DS most mornings so he is quite happy to do bedtime most nights and take overnight wakings.

As you already known you'll be in serious sleep deprivation mode soon enough. 

• DD2 has never sttn. She sleeps with us after her 1st waking, and between her fussing and my DH's snoring, I feel like I'm up all night. (DH just started snoring a few weeks ago too!)

If I try to nap with DD2, then I just end up staying up until midnight because I can't sleep. 

Also, IMO, most kids need to nap until at least 4 years old.  

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I can't sleep at all. My DH doesn't do much to help either -- turns out he's not the most hands-on father. Which blows for me. He's turned out to be very selfish.

But anyway, when I am able to lay down, sleep is long to come or doesn't come at all -- or I toss and turn the whole time.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It doesn't seem to matter how early I go to bed - I'm still exhausted every morning when I wake up and tired all day!  I feel your pain!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO sleeps 10-12 hrs at night and (usually) 1.5-2 hrs during the day. However, I've had crazy insomnia with this pregnancy. Yesterday, I woke up at 3:15. Three days ago, I woke up at 4.  And then I can't go back to sleep. For the pasta week, she's been working on her 2 yr molars, so napping has been horrible. So, yes, I'm a walking zombie too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm lucky to have a great sleeper (after sleep training) and napper.  That being said, he is GO GO GO when he's awake and lately is not into independent play at all.  He wants me with him all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh, I'm totally not getting enough sleep.  I used to be a crazy deep sleeper, like I could sleep through anything and would go to bed and wake up the next morning in the same position.  Ever since I got pregnant with #2 I'm a super light sleeper, I wake up several times a night to get resituated or go to the bathroom AND I wake up earlier than I need to.  On top of that, DS is going through a rough sleeping patch, some nights he wakes up overnight (for no real reason) and he's been getting up really early as well.  It seems pretty common at this age so I'm just trying to hang in there and hopefully he'll get back on track.  I think I'll probably still feel like I"m not getting enough sleep even if DS gets his schedule together, but it will at least be better!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Hubby and I trade getting up in the morning with our LO.  It helps most of the time.  Sometimes even if it is just an extra 30 minutes of sleep it helps.  I am a SAHM and I try and nap when he does but he sometimes sleeps anywhere from 45 minutes and sometimes (very rare) 3 hours. I am like you, I can't sleep until I know LO is really asleep or my husband has him.  I haven't been sleeping well at night, between getting up to pee and just not being comfortable.

Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagebandwife:

We dropped naps for DS six months ago. He sleeps through from 7pm-7am most nights. The nights he wakes up DH deals with it. For some reason as soon as I was pregnant I just could not get out of bed to go soothe him.

Sleep is a huge priority for me. I usually go to bed at 9:30, read a bit and then fall asleep between 10pm and 10:30. I've changed my diet recently and no sugar/grains/dairy makes it easier for me to get to sleep and stay asleep. I also stay off of the computer or watching television for at least an hour before I want fall asleep (the lights off the screen mess with your circadian rhythm).

Ask your DH to help out and start making sleep a priority. My DH sleeps in a bit on weekends and I get up with DS most mornings so he is quite happy to do bedtime most nights and take overnight wakings.

With just income, his, he's usually up and out the door by the time DS wakes up. He helps out when he can, but again, we're on one pay check. So it's sleep when I get.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagebandwife:

We dropped naps for DS six months ago. He sleeps through from 7pm-7am most nights. The nights he wakes up DH deals with it. For some reason as soon as I was pregnant I just could not get out of bed to go soothe him.

With just income, his, he's usually up and out the door by the time DS wakes up. He helps out when he can, but again, we're on one pay check. So it's sleep when I can.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Yuck I haven't gotten enough sleep since DD was born so I guess I'm used to it ugh.  I work full time so my only chance for a nap is weekends and DD is really fighting naps lately.  I think I'm resigned to the fact that I'll just be tired until they are grown! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"