1st Trimester
Options

Gush of Blood- 9.5 Weeks ***UPDATE***

Hello All,

I'm new to writing threads but have found that whenever a bit nervous about something, there are many people here who that can offer good insight.

I'm now 9 weeks 5 days into my first pregnancy and yesterday (Friday) I had very minor cramping approximately 5 minutes followed by a some red blood and a small clot (There has been no additional cramping or pain). I immediately called my midwife who said to wait it out. An hour later, I had a big gush of blood which immediately stopped (without any other symptoms of cramping or pain).

This morning I woke up dry but did feel very nauseous and was dry heaving. During this, some spots of brown blood did come out.

I immediately rang the midwife on-call who said to prepare myself for a miscarriage and unfortunately that there is nothing I can do but to wait and see. I am booked in for an U/S on Monday morning.

Obviously, my husband and I are both very nervous and anxious as we have to wait an entire weekend to see what is happening. However, we are trying to keep positive.

Any experiences that you could share would be definitely helpful and greatly appreciated!

We will update as we know more.

OUR BABY IS DOING GREAT!  We just got back from our scan and the baby was moving a ton.  The babies heartbeat was also great for gestational age! 

The tech did find a hematoma which appears small and will continue to be monitored!  Thanks again for all your support and I wish you all the best in your pregnancies!Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gush of Blood- 9.5 Weeks ***UPDATE***

• Options

Nola78

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts, they are greatly appreciated.  I had read up a little bit and to me it sounds a bit like SCH too but I'm just wondering why the midwife said I'm probably miscarrying and I should prepare myself.  

Thanks again for your support!

• Options
    This doesn't at all sound like "you're probably miscarrying". I wouldn't worry too much, as either way there is nothing you can do. I've bleed from weeks 5 through 10. I'm still carrying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks so much jkoulton for sharing your experience with me and I'm so happy for you to be over the 12 week mark!!! 

I'm hoping the same for us and still no more blood, pain or anything so we are being as hopeful as we can!   Smile

• Options

I had a lot of bleeding with my son, who's a healthy 1 yr old now. I had gushes of blood with clots that stopped after a few minutes/red spotting/brown spotting from 6-14 weeks. My OB thinks I am just one of those lucky women that bleeds in pregnancy. 

Hope everything turns out ok for you! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I don't know if the timing makes a difference, but I had similar episodes at around 13 and 14 weeks.  Several sonograms and exams showed that everything was fine with the baby, placenta and cervix, and there was nothing to worry about.  Of course, it still scared the sh!t out of me each time.  The general consensus and most likely explanation was that they were likely small subchorionic bleeds that resolved themselves and drained into the vagina, then formed clots before it came out.

You should definitely keep your OB/MW updated about what's going on, but do know that it's entirely possible that everything is fine.  GL!

• Options

Thank you ladies SO MUCH for sharing your stories and support!!!! 

It does give me hope that even though I've had some bleeding, the outcomes can still be very positive!!!

• Options

Sounds like what happened to me when I had my sch. Mine was early On (5ish weeks) and I went to the ER and they told me I miscarried. (I didn't)

Relax and try not to be super active and see your dr for an ultrasounds as soon as possible. This will diagnose the problem and make sure you know for sure what is oing on.

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience with you.  I have never posted over here before so I hope that is okay. 

With this pregnancy I have had brown and red spotting weeks 5-9 which my Dr. attributed to a small SCH then at 12 weeks a huge gush of blood which I was sure meant I was miscarrying.  The next day an u/s showed my baby still wiggling around happy and safe.  This episode was blamed on a low lying placenta.  I am now on pelvic rest and no lifting over 25 pounds.  I am still spotting brown now.  Even though I know what it is from, it is still scary and nerve wracking.  If I were you I would hang tight, relax and try not to worry (easier said than done). 

A thought on your midwife saying you should prepare for a miscarriage.  Maybe she just wanted you to be prepared for the worst case situation.  I think sometimes people in the medical profession say things in different ways than we would.  I know my Dr. has said things that make me worry even more.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a gush of blood at 13 weeks and checked out ok.  My OB said take it easy and no lifting.  I was told that bleeding is common although there is nothing they can do if you are going to m/c.  So far I'm still good. :)

Hope all turns out well with you!

• Options

I truly can't thank you all enough for sharing your experiences with me! This wait has obviously been very difficult but reading your posts have been beyond helpful and it has made this whole process so much easier.  I'm thankful that I have had this support as we are not telling anyone including our families until we know more.

In my heart, I am very optimistic as it has been well over 24 hours since any bleeding and even then, I put it down to getting sick and the tension that goes with it.  There is very very light brown spotting so even that is reassuring.  

However, obviously I am so scared to be so hopeful as there are several possible outcomes both positive and negative. 

In just over 24 hours, we will have our scan and hopefully, there will be a positive outcome!  Please continue to share experiences/ knowledge and/or keep us in your thoughts....

• Options
    I had a similar situation on 9/28 too. I started spotting in the morning, very light then started brown with period like cramps in my lower back.. I called the nurse and she said its fine and just to keep an eye on it. At 1:00 I had a full gush and had a coworker take me to the er because I was so scared that I couldn't do anything but cry. I was there for 4 hours and they did blood work, urinalysis, pelvic exam, u/s and vaginal u/s. it felt like the longest wait ever but all the results came back good and baby is in the right place. They manually determined the heart beat was 116 bpm and I am actually 5 weeks, not 7 like we thought based on the last cycle. They said I am in a threatened miscarriage state and ordered me on pelvic rest for 3 weeks. Anyone who has any bleeding or abnormal cramping is at risk for miscarriage but Everyone's body is different, I hope it all works out for the best for you!
  • Options
    That's awesome that things came back great for you!  I wish you the best and hope all goes well for you in your pregnancy.... My thoughts are with you and your family!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"