May 2011 Moms

For the ones still around...

It's sad to see this board so slow, such is life I guess. I've been busy myself now that I'm back in school but I still check in regularly.

So, for those of us that still hang around here...tell us what's going on with baby, a funny story, a new milestone. Let's catch up!

DS has become a love bug and boy am loving all the hugs and kisses!! He runs to me and for no reasons hugs my legs and sighs loudly with an "mmm". He has all of sudden started using lots of Baby Signs. I've been signing since he was very little and I'm just amazed that he can effectively tell me what he wants--because on the actual language department he's a little lazy lol.

So what's going on with you guys!?

Re: For the ones still around...

• Audrey still doesn't talk but she knows about 5 signs so she can get her point across. However she is very independent so I guess she doesn't need language. She will open the pantry, grab whatever she wants, sit on the couch, and start eating. I guess this is a good thing since DD#2 is due in about 4 weeks. Good to know that Audrey can take  care of herself. Now if only I could teach her to change her own diapers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just found out last week that Elena is going to be a big sister!  Woohoo!  Also due in May....May is such a great month isn't it?

Elena is growing up fast, she's not saying too many "real" words -- so far just dada, mama, all done (which is her making the sign and saying DAAA doo).  She is getting in her last molar which means she is miserable at 2am lately.  Everything is a jungle gym and a mission to see if she can climb it (including me).  We are working on identifying body parts -- she can find her nose, my nose, her belly, eyes (sometimes) and mouth (sometimes).  We are having some successes going on the potty lately too.  And somehow, although I don't know how it's possible...she is getting sillier.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm really active on other boards, but I don't have many questions/stories for other May moms at this point.  I feel like we're in a groove.  :)  

DD counts to 3, but she she can't pronounce the words right so she says "ooone, dooo, FREE!" and gets really excited and claps for herself.  It's adorable.  She tries to hold up the appropriate number of fingers, but just ends up pointing at people and throwing her hands in the air.   

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • I don't have much time for TB, but I always check this board!  It's great that some May mamas are still checking in :)

DS is very silly, and lately, he's begun exploring table food (finally!).  Every time I hang up the phone, he blurts out, "BYE!" and usually the person on the other end does hear.  It's cute even when I have to call my attorney. lol

He knows some alphabet sounds, and when I sing the song, he's eager to demonstrate the ones he knows- about 4 of them so far. 

We'll be TTC next month.  I'm excited, but nervous... about juggling pregnancy and a toddler, and then two kiddos!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is a mess. he loves to climb on everything including climbing on the chairs and on to the dining room table and on the back of the couch. He says hi and bye and waves. everything is a phone and he says hi into it.
  • DD is crazy! Crazy fun! I love her so damn much. She's getting more words (momma, dada, dog, hi, bye, out, baba) and is running around like a maniac. She's giving legitimate hugs and kisses now, some unprompted (my favorites) and some just when we ask. We're still working on dropping the bottle. *sigh* I'm holding onto the bedtime one, but she been using a sippy for water forever, but is not into taking milk in a sippy.

We're expecting in March, so we're trying to figure out what big girls things to transistion to before the baby comes.

BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! I'm due in Feb with #2, so I've been posting much more over there since it's way more active. 

DD is running all over but still not saying anything, although she does lots of actions (bounces up and down when she hears "kangaroo", sniffs when she hears/sees "flower", etc). Just the other day at the playground she went down the slide by herself for the first time. She gets really excited about it, which is adorable. :-) She's done some really hilarious things lately, but of course I can't think of any right now. Even though she's not cuddly, I have a feeling she's going to get really jealous when this LO arrives, so I'm trying to figure out how to prepare her.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• YEAH!  Luke is going to be a big brother in March, so we are about to start transitioning him to a toddler bed soon so the new baby can have the crib. 

He's crazy loveable... running around all the time.  He actually has a lot of words now (Momma, Dada, plane, car, turtle, down, all done, there (you) go, mine, hi, please, bye, bear, penguin, water...).  He recognizes a ton of animals and either has a sound or motion for each (cow, lion, pig, rabbit, mouse, crocodile, camel, lobster, crab, penguin, rooster, chicken, duck, etc...).  The kid makes me laugh everyday and blows kisses to everyone instead of always saying thank you or good bye.  He's a sweetheart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I check this feed almost weekly but don't have a lot to say. I respond to posts when I think they are relevant to what is going on with my DD #2.

Eva is a very busy girl who climbs on everything and constantly shows us how we can improve our child safety measures. She is by far the busiest little kid I have ever been around and I've grown up around babies/toddlers.

She says hi to everyone she sees, waving the entire time until they acknowledge her. She hears the word football and she puts both arms up and yells Touchdown! It's too cute. My DH and DD #1 love football and now DD #2 is well on her way.

She can now climb onto our dining room chairs and I caught her drinking her sisters rootbeer the other day. She is extremely happy and has the cheesiest grins. She has one move she uses when we call her a Silly Girl and another move when we call her a Goof Ball. She is the clown in the family out of the other 12 grandkids. My mom says Eva is the funniest since my second nephew who is now 17.

She's amazing and shows us how smart she is everyday.  

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Testing out my new siggy... love me some lilypie!
    ~Steph

BFP 1.11.10 - Natural M/C 1.21.10 (5w5d)
    BFP 9.19.10 - Mia Lynn born 5.4.11 (36w6d)
    BFP 8.05.12 - waiting for Baby G2, edd 4.10.13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hi! I still try to check regularly but recently our house flooded and we are staying in a hotel while it is fixed and the internet is so spotty here.

DS can say about 5-6 words clearly but is not really talking yet. He makes a lot of noises and grunting with inflection like he is trying to talk but I still can't understand him most of the time. He has so much energy! I am due in December so now in my last trimester and I just don't have the energy to keep up with him! He is always on the go and never stops. He is down to one nap a day for usually only 40-60 minutes. I thought they slept more at this age but he refuses.

DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • I'm in the camp of "I post when there's something relevent to me" :)  DD's new game that I'm sure I'll tire of eventually is for her to call Mama to which I say "yes?" and she says "Hi!".  Usually many times in a row :)  We've also taught her a bunch of fun stuff like sticking her tongue out when someone says Shakespeare or yawning when someone says Marlowe.  I'm in a Shakespeare comedy troupe, so our friends get a kick out of it.
  • We are still waiting for Reese to really take off with her talking. She knows about 3 words--"hi", "uh-oh" and muh (more)

She loves playing chase and to dance. After every food that she eats that she enjoys she goes "mmmmmmm"

She is at such a fun age--and I can't wait for her to really start talking.  

My daughter is my hero.
  • Aw you DS is such a cutie Steph!

We're all good here, enjoying every moment with my precious boy. He has been starting to babble a lot more so I hope soon he will start saying some real words. I also love the open mouth kisses that he saves just for me, daddy and grandma get so jealous!

Trying to think of a Halloween costume, still have no idea what it should be!

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello Everyone! I'm going to try and start checking in way more :) My LO is giving me a run for my money. She absolutely refuses to sleep throught the night and now we are in this new horrible groove where I can't get her to even go in her crib where usually she would. It's horrible :( She won't sleep in her crib past 1 or 2 once she's in there. So she's in our bed the rest of the time. It's awful. Don't know what to do anymore. Other than that she's very active and talking quite a bit. :)
  • Thanks, NJMom!

So great to "see" how our LOs are growing up!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"