June 2011 Moms

Irritating Spousal Habits

Stolen from Parenting:

What is one of your H's annoying habits?

What habit of yours annoys your H?

ETA: I was hating on H earlier, but this is unrelated.  I am bored and don't mean to be an H basher today! I swear!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Irritating Spousal Habits

• I get annoyed when H leaves his slippers or socks on the floor in the living room.

He hates that I leave lights on all the time.  He also hates that my hair gets all over the place.

• DH starts stripping off his shoes, socks and tie immediately when he walks in the door...and they stay where he takes them off. I have tried not picking them up for days but he doesn't care.

He hates that I get on him about picking up his *** all the time!

TTC #1 since 8/09, Dx MFI 4/10
    IUI #1: 6/10 = Cancelled, IUI #2: 7/10 = Cancelled, IVF #1: 9/10 = BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 6/14/11

TTC #2
    IVF #2 - Oct/Nov 2012: 11/5 - eSET - 7 Frosties - BFP
    Baby girl arrived - 7/17/13 

TTC #3
    FET #1 6/21/18

• Loading the player...
  • His?  Procrastination tops the list, lack of motivation to get things done around the house because he'd rather train, smoking

Mine?  my shoes can be found all over the house, my doing laundry nightly, long showers, my short attention span and temper

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Him - He does laundry and never finishes it.  It either sits in the dryer for days and turns into a wrinkled/useless mess OR he "folds" it and never puts it away.  By "fold," I mean he half folds everything and stacks it all in one big pile in a basket, everything all mixed together.  So then I have to go through it, re-fold it, sort it, and put it away.  I would rather he not do the laundry at all if he's not going to finish it.  DRIVES ME INSANE.  He also has this annoying habit of opening the new bottle of shampoo / toothpaste / salad dressing etc etc before the old one is gone.   

Me - He hates when I microwave things without a cover, when I procrastinate washing pans (I HATE washing pans!), and when I leave said pans "soaking" / "balancing" on the sink ledge lol.    

• I get really annoyed in the morning with him.  I get ready then get DD ready and he gets himself ready then makes the breakfast we send to DC with DD.  I usually come downstairs with DD and have to get my lunch and stuff together, then do DDs hair and usually in the middle of that he takes his bag and DDs bag to the car (he takes her to DC) and leaves me trying juggle my bags (usually 3 - I'm a teacher) and DD who is screamming at this point because she thinks DH left her and I'm trying to lock the door, etc.  I just wish he would take my bags to the car at the same time.  It's stupid but something that would make my life easier.

Also, in the winter he never clears the snow off my car, and he's usually out there doing his before I'm ready.  My dad always cleared my mom's car for her and also mine once I started driving, one less thing to worry about on a snowy morning. 

• I hate when DH takes his socks or work clothes off in the living room and just leaves them there. I also hate when he takes his socks off inside out, since I do the laundry, but he's gotten much better at that!

DH hates when I leave paper towels laying on the counter. I always intend to use them again but I usually forget before I get a new one.
  • He is a slob. Clothes, dishes, books, everything gets scattered around the house and he doesn't think to pick up unless I tell him to, cause a messy house really doesn't bug him (and it drives me crazy!).

I think my lack of spontaneity annoys SO. I always like to have a plan and know what is coming (whether it be events during the day or plans for when his family will be visiting, etc.). He likes to just play it by ear and I have a hard time doing that. So I pester him until we make a plan lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • H's hygiene and messiness annoy me to no end. He only brushes his teeth in the morning, which grosses me out, I repeatedly tell him but he doesn't care; Along the same lines he won't go to the dentist because he hates the dentist. He is always farting, burping, just being gross all the time and I can't stand it, very unattractive. He leaves his *** all over the place.

He hates that I am always "nagging" him, which really just means, when I ask him to do anything. He also hates the fact that whenever something is wrong or we are arguing that I talk to much, which just means he is all about not communicating and "getting over it" were I actually like to talk it out. 

• He leaves his dirty laundry and shoes wherever they land.  The shoes especially annoy me b/c we don't wear shoes in our house.  I take mine off as soon as I come in the door and they stay there.  He walks through the house with them on (sort of defeats the purpose of not wearing them in the house!) and leaves them somewhere random.

He hates that I forget to charge my cell phone or I leave it at home when he needs to contact me.

• I hate that he is on the computer or watching sports ALL the time. I get so sick of seeing his face behind his laptop and not paying attention to DD at all. I get the remote so rarely I have to actually stop and look down at what all the buttons are because I never ever get to use it. 

On the same note, he gets super pissed when I ask him to get off the computer or stop playing video games and pay attention to DD instead.

He HATES it when I back seat drive...which I do a lot :) 

BabyFetus Ticker

• LOL it looks like the DH leaving socks and shoes all over is a common thread so I'm gonna jump on that band wagon.  He has been better than he used to be because I started throwing them out every time I found them on the floor.  Once the clothes started lying all over my den I said I was gonna throw those out too.  That has also subsided.

For what he finds annoying from me is that I leave the a/c on when I leave the room or leave the lights on.  Also, he gets angry when I go online at night after the baby goes to bed.  Other than an hour around now thats the only time I get to go on so whatever ! 

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • What I dislike: his LONG showers, running the water while brushing his teeth/washing the dishes, procrastination

What he dislikes: that I leave glasses of water all over (i always forget and get a new one - some days he says its like the movie Signs), my clutter

DD: June 2011    DS: September 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG I could go on & on!!

DH: He is constantly cleaning... Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a good thing! He just loves to throw away stuff that I didn't want thrown away or maybe wasn't finished with yet. Like drinks, paper towels, mail, etc. It drives me CRAZY!!

ME: I tend to leave clutter here & there & he can't stand it. LOL Like junk mail... I like to shred junk mail & will hold it till a get a good pile to shred. I also leave my socks or random clothes lying around. LOL

• amanda1680 -  I could've written your post abt DH and laundry.  I think clean clothes sat in baskets in our laundry room for 2 weeks that last 2 times we did our laundry.  I also hate that he doesn't go through his junk mail and shred it.  I have started putting it in our letter place and let him sort it instead of me.  I have also tried not picking up his stuff or taking laundry up to see how long it will sit and it just makes me madder!

Me-he says I leave stuff laying around also and gets made that I nag him, but I do the same thing.  Plus, not having my cell phone on me when he is trying to get ahold of me. 

• What is one of your H's annoying habits? He used to bite his nails off and then I'd find them on the FLOOR! Sooo gross!!! He stopped doing it after DD started crawling because I freaked out that she might find one of them on the floor and put it in her mouth! EWW!!

The other thing that really bugs me is that while he's always up for going out and doing stuff, I usually have to be the one to come up with the idea and plan it. I am thankful that he is always excited to go out and do stuff, but I wish he would plan a fun day here and there so that I could just come along for the ride, too. :)

What habit of yours annoys your H? I know he gets very frustrated when I ask him a question that has say, two choices for answers, and I don't agree with either of the answers. He says it doesn't matter which way he answers, that I'm going to disagree with what he says. I totally can see that I'm doing it once he points it out, but sometimes I don't notice it WHILE I'm doing.

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Shall I make a list? ;) LOL- No, he's a good guy...but irritating.

He makes random, bizarre noises while watching tv. Without meaning to offend anyone, I say he needs medication to contro his outbursts.

He uses hairspray for very little hair (please don't judge, LOL) and it's like he may as well be freezing the bathroom walls, mirror, floor into place, too! He THEN comes home, walks on the bathroom floor with his shoes...and the tile turns black because any dirt on his shoes STICKS TO THE HAIR-SPRAYED FLOOR TILE!!

Sigh.

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Oops- I shared more than one of MH's ;)

As for what irritates hiim about ME, I have a habit of losing things, I'm NOT as organized as he is. Drives him crazy.

He also thinks I talk too much :-/ I don't know if that's a habit as much as, well, just my personality!!

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"