Food Allergy

I need someone to be excited for me...

We went to DD's allergist on Wednesday for a regular check-up and Tuesday night I started crying because I knew they were going to test her and nothing would change, but I kind of had my hopes up that we would get something back. Well, according to her skin test, everything came back negative!!! I was shocked, I kept watching her back and nothing ever puffed up. So we are supposed to introduce foods one at a time back into her diet. I started dairy on Wednesday, she's had some everyday and no reaction! My family and co-workers just aren't as excited as I am, and I need people who understand how frustrating allergies are to be excited for me :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need someone to be excited for me...

• People who have never had to deal with the hassle and anxiety FAs come with can't understand the relief when you don't have to stress over every ingredient your child is ingesting. Congrats to you and your LO!!
    imageimage
  • Party!!! This is great news! Congrats to you and your DD!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • That's wonderful!! I would be incredibly excited too!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • That is SO exciting!!

Food allergies suck and anyone who hasn't had to deal with them might not get the excitement behind these results.

I'm still hanging out in uncertainty land with a ton of anxiety. We're waiting for the allergist to call to book an appt and have been warned it wouldn't be for a while.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• That is amazing!  Congrats to you and you LO! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am over the moon for you!  I am amazed that ALL her tests came back negative. Good luck with re-introducing foods.  That is BIG news!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Absolutely great news!!  This not only relieves your current worries, but it also alleviates future concerns with not being able to monitor her allergen intake at school, etc...  Yay!!!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • This is the best news! I only hope we have this kind of story to tell in the future. Congratulations!
  • Party!!!As a mom of a child with multiple serious food allergies---and of which are growing out of them--I'm not just excited for you--I'm ecstatic!!!

People don't realize how horrible and life-changing these can be if they've never dealt with them.  And when they begin growing out of them--it's again LIFE CHANGING.  But this time it's in a GREAT way.  For instance, something as simple as eating out.  Now you can (or someday can) order right off the menu instead of basically preparing LO a meal to take with you --which kind of defeats the purpose of eating out LOL.  

I'm VERRRRRRY excited for you!

• I would be over the moon happy!!  Congrats and do a happy dance!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is awesome news!! Congrats!!!
    imageimage
  • That's great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's awesome!!!! Party!!!
  • I knew you guys would understand :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Allergic to soy, oat, egg, peanuts, and tree nuts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"