May 2013 Moms
Options

So thirsty, but what to drink??

So my throat wants nothing to do with water and pretty much refuses to swallow it down. My doctor says to stay away from carbonated beverages because they make my heartburn worse, as well as my gas pains, and other flavored drinks seem to all have artificial sweeteners in them. Anyone have any ideas for beverage options?? I'm getting desperate! Anything I could add to water to make it more appealing?

Re: So thirsty, but what to drink??

• Options
    Decaf green tea.  Or decaf peppermint tea.  I have found that both help me with morning sickness too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have horrible heartburn and I don't drink sodas or anything but I am in love with Dasani flavored water, the lemonade flavor. It doesn't give me heartburn or anything and it's delicious (:
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've found that lemonade sits well.  I just bought some lemonade to-go packets that you just add to bottled water.
  • Options
    I've been putting a squirt of lemon juice and a spoonful of sugar in a big glass.. weak lemonade, but it's much easier to sip on than water :)
  • Options
    Can you do water mixed with juice? I don't drink a lot of juice because of the sugar and calories, but I'll mix it with water sometimes when i need something with taste. 80 water.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    G2 gatorade. it has less sugar than regular gatorade. i'm with you in that my stomach will take only so much water! gl!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options

I haven't been able to drink much water for about 4 weeks. I've been making fruit smoothies with blueberries, strawberries, pineapple and ice so I can drink something. The only other beverage I'm able to keep down is those "Naked" juices but they get pricey so I'm trying to back off on those and only buy them if I'm on the go and need something with me.

ETA: eating grapes seems to quench my thirst a bit too 

• Options
    Def agree with the Gatorade..I like grape!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
      maybe some juice?  I can't drink pop anymore right now, my body rejects it and it just tastes nasty to me right now, which is probably a good thing, so all I am drinking is water/sugar free packs that I can pour into bottled water/juice (not apple ew) lol  I hope you find that drink that you can drink.
  • Options

What about that new stuff Mio? it has no cals and no artificial sweeteners that could be an option. 

Also where did you get iced peppermint tea that sounds delightful!

Lilypie - (5WpR)
    Me(26)PCOS, Hypothyroidism & Incompetent Cervix  DH(28)Azoospermia
    4/11 Off BCPs -- Cycle 1-3 (6months) - No ovulation, Provera
    Cycle 4-6 - Provera, Clomid 50mg, CD23BW - All BFN (HSG-all clear)
    Dec 2011 DH S/A shows zero count - dx Azoo
    TESE 4/13/12 - Sperm found!! 5 viles frozen
    IVF ICSI #1- (Lupron protocol) 5R 2F 2dt- 2DP & 4CF - BFFN
    IVF ICSI #2-  (Antagonist protocol) Started stims 7/26
    ER 8/8 11R 9F 3dt - 9BF & 7BF (+HPT 8dp3dt)TWINS! EDD 5/1/13
    <312/9 Joshua David and Zoe Faith born too early at 19w4d due to incompetent cervix <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
      LAP Transabdominal Cerclage - 4/15/13 only possibility of carrying my children to term 
    IVF#3 - June 2013 -  canceled.
    IVF ICSI #3.2- (Antagonist Protocol) 7/26 start stims (same day, a year later from J & Z's stim start date!)
     ER 8/7 19R 9F 3dt of 2- 8BF embryos. (+HPT 7dp3dt) Beta #1 - 82.8 Beta #2 - 821 Beta #3 - 7254
    9/11/13 - U/S shows 1 baby HR 135bpm! EDD: 4/30/13
    It's a BOY!!
    2/9/14 - DX Gestational Diabetes
    C-section scheduled for 4/7/14 (36w5d)
    Colin Joseph - 1:07pm 6lbs 14oz - 8 days in the NICU
    Everyone Welcome!
  • Options
    Lemonade and water with lemon have been my go-to drinks lately. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelincoln79:
    G2 gatorade. it has less sugar than regular gatorade. i'm with you in that my stomach will take only so much water! gl!

This, esp since the ones we get from BJs are less than 50 calories for the bottle, maybe even 30?  (I'm blanking this am.)

I drink these a lot on the way to work to help with m/s when I'm just over water and want something with flavor. 

• Options
    I know you said you can't do carbonated drinks, but I've found the blackberry IZZE drinks tasty the Clementine and Apple are growing on me.  I usually drink coke, but I had to give some cafeine up and I really enjoy my morning cup of coffee.  Izze looks like an energy drink, but it is 70% fruit juice and the rest is carbonated water, no sugar (real or fake) added and 90 calories for 8.4 oz can.  It has less sugar than 100% fruit juices so I use this as a replacement to my 1 can of coke a day, or when water doesn't seem appealing.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    the only thing i can drink is lemonade.  plain water comes right back up...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Lemonade! Or what about a home-blended smoothie? You could then include fruits and veggie for an added bonus?
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!! Last night I tried half water half lemonade and that went down pretty well! I'm going to try a variety of your suggestions until I find a few options that I can choose from .. A smoothie sounds great right now! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"