C-sections

scheduled my c-section date

Just wanted to share that I finally have my c-section scheduled!  If all goes according to plan, our dear baby boy will be born December 3 in the morning.

I can't believe I know when I'm giving birth!  I'm both excited and anxious about it.  I wonder if I'll be able to sleep the night before.

By the way, it was so surreal to talk to my doctor about scheduling it.  She was talking to me so casually about it that I felt like I was scheduling a haircut or something :-)

Re: scheduled my c-section date

• :-)  Early Christmas present!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Awesome! I didn't sleep at all the night before my induction. But then, I ate too much and was feeling sick! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejeanbean13:

Just wanted to share that I finally have my c-section scheduled!  If all goes according to plan, our dear baby boy will be born December 3 in the morning.

I can't believe I know when I'm giving birth!  I'm both excited and anxious about it.  I wonder if I'll be able to sleep the night before.

By the way, it was so surreal to talk to my doctor about scheduling it.  She was talking to me so casually about it that I felt like I was scheduling a haircut or something :-)

December 3rd huh!!! Yea! You should be very excited! I get to schedule mine sometime next week and I cannot wait.  

• Congrats!  Dec 3rd is a fantastic b-day....Sagittarius.  Just scheduled mine as well....Nov 12th. I hope she keeps cooking until then.  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm just a lurker but I have been wanting my doc to schedule my c section.  I was just wondering how far in advance they schedule them.  My due date is Dec. 11th but she said we would do it the week before.  Were you able to pick the day yourself?  My mom's bday is on the 2nd and my dad's is on the 4th and I really don't want LO born on either of those days.  I want her to have her own day.  Oh and congrats on scheduling your day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestarlee_99:
    I'm just a lurker but I have been wanting my doc to schedule my c section.  I was just wondering how far in advance they schedule them.  My due date is Dec. 11th but she said we would do it the week before.  Were you able to pick the day yourself?  My mom's bday is on the 2nd and my dad's is on the 4th and I really don't want LO born on either of those days.  I want her to have her own day.  Oh and congrats on scheduling your day.

I can't really say how far in advance doctors schedule c-sections.  It might depend on the doctor and his/her determination of when would be best based on the progress of your pregnancy.  But I think that the general rule of thumb is that it's typically scheduled one week before the estimated due date.

I was able to pick the date and time of my c-section.  But then again, I was directed towards which date to pick.  Dec 3 is a Monday and is six days before my due date.  Dec 2 would be exactly one week.  At first, I had the c-section scheduled for noon.  But after thinking about it, I changed it to 8 am.  I won't be able to eat or drink before the c-section, so I figured it would be easier for me to have it done first thing in the morning.  Also, I think that there will be less chance of delay if it's the first procedure of the day for the doctor.

I'm sure you can talk to your doctor about scheduling and avoid having Dec 2 or 4 as the delivery date.  Maybe you can have Dec 3 too! :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"