1st Trimester
Options

B6 and a prenatal vitamin safe?

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone is taking a B6 vitamin along with their prenatal vitamin? After a whole day of the worse "morning" sickness I read about B6 and how it may help. Hubby just went to cvs and the pharmacist told him the prenatal vitamins have B6 already. And gave him some anti nausea liquid which he read the warnings that said it wasn't safe to use while expecting....any info would be great :)

Pregnancy Ticker JRA Mommy to be :)

Re: B6 and a prenatal vitamin safe?

• Options
    My doctor had me on an extra B6 pill with DS, but it did not help make me feel better.  In fact, it made the MS much worse!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My understanding is that because B6 is water soluble, you can take quite a bit without it being detrimental.  My doctor recommended it in case my nausea becomes worse and prevents me from working.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Everyone here is telling you it's safe, but I also have read that it's not safe in large amounts. So, you'l have to find out how much exactly you could take.

I am on dicletin which is B6 & unisom, but my pills are only 10ml 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I asked my doc and she said 25-75mg of B6 every day should help. I am currently taking 25mg two times a day (morning and night) and it has helped take most of my morning sickness away).
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"