Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1st birthday acouple days after christmas?

my son will be turning one on the 28th of Dec. I dont know how to even celibrate that...

Re: 1st birthday acouple days after christmas?

• Options
    DD will be 1 on thanksgiving this year.  We plan to have a small celebration after the tradition turkey dinner.  We don't have much family in the area, so doing a party at this stage didnt seem worth it.  In the future we will probably have a small get together before the holiday - the only good part about having a bday near a holiday is the possibility of celebrating with more family (if you or they travel) :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO turns one on the 28th also and I'm going to plan her a party on the 30th I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MY LO turns one on 12/23...I'm having her party on 12/8....I wanted to do it early so people could come and separate it a bit from Christmas. In the future I may do a party in early January.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Not from baby experience, but from my experience, my own birthday is a few days after Christmas.  My parents always made a point of buying separate gifts and having a separate get-together (albeit small with just close family) for my birthday.  I always appreciated it! 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Same here... my son will turn one on New Year's Day.  I think we are going to do a small family birthday party for him that day but down the road I am actually thinking of celebrating his 1/2 birthday in the summer and doing a big party then for all his friends when he is school age.  I may have to give some more thought to this but it is an idea.
  • Options
    DS birthday is Christmas Eve.  We were planning on celebrating the weekend before Christmas with a small party and then maybe doing something special just us to celebrate Christmas Eve.  It probably won't matter too much at this age what we do, but when he gets older and he wants to have a party with all his friends we may have to plan differently.  But on the upside, he'll always be off from school on his birthday! :)
  • Options
    celebrate it just like you would any other time of year.  birthday and Christmas are two separate events and I would treat them as such.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    My daughter turns one on Christmas day! This year we are celebrating the week before. When she's old enough we'll let her choose when she wants to celebrate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"