April 2013 Moms

Announced last night...

So, I was really nervous about announcing last night to the fiance's family. I made a onesie the said "grandbaby #2 coming april 2013" Fiance's brother is currently expecting #1 with his wife. Well his mom looked down and started saying aww how cute. Then she got to the #2 and April and just squealed with joy. It was perfect!

Any other ladies with announcement stories?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Announced last night...

• Awww how sweet! Congrats!
    TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Very cute!  We did not do anything fun.  I was too excited to tell my parents so I just blurted it out, and DH's live out of state so he just called them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We told my parents with a pic of my dog that said "I'm going to be a big brother in April".... My dad got it right away....my moms first response was "you're getting another dog??". She was not expecting me to tell her that at all!! Best surprise ever!
  • Aww that's so fun! I live about 17 hours from my parents so on my mom's birthday I sent a card that was for grandma. Inside I wrote that we wanted to get her the perfect gift but it was out of stock and should be delivered by 4-30-13. She was so excited!
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • That's sweet! 

When we announced to my parents we put DS in a orange shirt that has a excavator on it and it reads "I DIG BEING THE BIG BROTHER." My parents were going to watch him that night so we could go out to dinner to celebrate our upcoming wedding anniversary. Well our announcement was overshadowed by my parents surprising DS with his 1st bike! So needless to say he was super excited and they were so excited that he was excited about the bike that 10 minutes went by and we finally had to ask my parents "what do you think of his new shirt." Then they said it's cute! And then we told them to read the print and they did out loud and then my mom screamed, "you're pregnant!" And the rest is history! They are over the moon thrilled for us!

• I'm glad it went well for you. We bought DS a shirt that said World's Best Brother and had him walk into my in laws place. (We also live 5 hours away, so we had just driven all the way there and were to visit for the weekend) Well no one noticed. (FIL said he did, but no one said anything) FIL was happy but my BIL and MIL were angry with me... I have no idea why MIL was but BIL told FIL it makes him think of how he doesn't have a wife and kids. (He is 35 and gave up a daughter 17 years ago...)

At least my family was very excited for us. 

• That's cute.  We weren't that creative.  With my mom, I was nervous and my BF and brother were standing there in the kitchen looking at me like waiting for me to tell her.  She was cooking and making something really good and I just stood next to the stove and asked her if she could make that at my baby shower.  She said yes then realized what I said.  lol
  • This isn't the family story, but I finally "came out" at work this afternoon... we have a News conference in our email where people send info like this, so here's what I sent - FYI I am in sales, so that explains the last line!

Subject: Happy Birthday (month) to me!

I am excited to share an update with my XXX family... I'm not just getting fatter. :)

To celebrate my 34th birthday, my husband Matt and I just received great news; we are 3 months along with a healthy twin pregnancy, and are expecting a boy and a girl. 

Due date is vaguely middle of March, but twins are like that big sale - you never really know when they're going to close!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"