Multiples

partial placenta previa

I'm only 16 weeks, so I'm slightly concerned about being diagnosed with partial placenta previa.  I know that I still have time for things to turn around, but I'd like to hear any stories or experiences you have had since it's more prevalent in multiple pregnancies...

TIA

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: partial placenta previa

• I had it with DS and it moved at 28 weeks. Delivered vaginally, no issues.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• you must have been relieved!  Did you have any issues or just a diagnosis?  I haven't had any issues thankfully, and have no problem staying away from intercourse this pregnacy, so hopefully no complications...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I have it too. It's been moving up on its own, which is a relief. My high risk dr said almost everyone carrying multiples has it, but some doctors don't diagnose it until after viability (24 weeks) so they may not even know they had it if it ends up moving. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding but am on pelvic rest, and was told no heavy lifting, no exercise and "take it easy". 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageyankcrazy:
    you must have been relieved!nbsp; Did you have any issues or just a diagnosis?nbsp; I haven't had any issues thankfully, and have no problem staying away from intercourse this pregnacy, so hopefully no complications...

No issues and my OB wasn't worried. 90 of partials move up at least for singletons. If its complete previa than I would be more concerned.

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• At my 20w u/s, I was diagnosed with placenta previa.  I can't remember which u/s it was when they said it had officially cleared, sometime after 30w for sure.  I delivered both vaginally (Baby A was head down, Baby B was breech) at 36w6d.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I had this too when I was pregnant with my girls, as I got further along it resolved itself. 
  • I was diagnosed with marginal previa at 16 weeks after a bleeding episode. I had VERY minimal spotting throughout second tri and the previa was gone at 31 weeks. In fact, at that time, they couldn't even see the edge on the tv ultrasound, as it was so far away from my cervix. I was never on bed rest for the previa, but I was on pelvic rest and lifting restrictions.  I delivered by c/s due to twin B's position and IUGR when my water broke last week (36 weeks).

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• TY for making me feel better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"