Parenting

I'll confess under my own name

edited December 2020 in Parenting

The very idea of working all day and still having to take care of the kids when I get home makes me effin twitchy. When I did work, I didn't do well transitioning from one to the other. I was incredibly snappish all the time and felt overwhelmed by all the *** that needed to get done.

Plus, I missed out on being able to do things with them because when I found the time, I was tired. I wanted my days off empty as ***. Please do not even mention the greek festival to me or storytime or ballet, or whatever. I just got home from work and I do not want to be spoken to for at least two hours.

So kudos to working moms because, unless we really need the money, I cannot. 

Click me, click me!

Re: I'll confess under my own name

• I forgot I can't say shiit.

Click me, click me!
  • I'm with you I'm way to much of an introvert to be able to transition well between work and home.

Heck I wasn't good at it when it was just me and DH and I'd have to force myself to go along with his plans for the weekend/evening. I can't imagine adding the kid to that would make it better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It makes me twitchy too.  Unfortunately I don't have a choice.

Updated September 2012. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I agree.  I am so jealous of SAHMs.  Every time I see judgy posts about it, I wonder if I am missing out on the great thing called working.
  • That's how I feel about it.

I wonder if I would feel differently if I ever had a job I loved, but the reality is that I am a homebody and an introvert at heart.  So I'm not sure the actual job would make it better if I loved it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, eclaires. I do think that's part of it. I think if I had a job I adored, it would be worth the irritation and missing other things I enjoy with the kids.

Click me, click me!
  • imagejustbeachy109:
    imageLucyHoneychrrch:

It makes me twitchy too.  Unfortunately I don't have a choice.

Same here. I hate weeknights because they just suck. 

Weeknights make me sad. By the time I leave work, pick up DD from daycare, and get home we only have about 2 hours before bedtime.  Those two hours are filled with the stress of trying to feed us and also the desire to not cook and instead just play with her.  I feel like I never get to really spend time with my child on weekdays. :-(

• I don't *need* the money (see money confessions)  but I just can't quit working.

I work approx 60 hours a week.

I work from home on a regular basis. 

But the idea of being home all day and not having money makes me batty.  I am overwhelmed, yes, but at least I can hire a cleaning lady weekly, not worry about budgeting for food (so lots of takeout), plus I'd just really be bored if I didn't work. I love my kid, but.... there would be a lot of tv watching.

Now if I lived somewhere cool, instead of the boonies, and if my husband earned what we do together, that would be another story. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"