Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Need to vent...

I know I am more of a lurker, but I am sure people can relate to this...I swear everytime I turn around someone else is announcing they are pregnant. We have 2 teachers on maternity leave right now and there are 5 others expecting. I was out with some friends last night and they are expecting a LO in Jan. The kicker with them is that baby is an "oopss" and she never wanted kids to begin with. I can deal with all of that, what is getting me is the people saying, "well when is it going to be your turn?" "Why is it taking so long with this one?" As if it doesn't drive me nuts enough.....argh!!! Thanks for letting me vent!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need to vent...

• Options
    I wish people would understand that saying things like "when is it going to be your turn" or "aren't you pregnant yet?" is not helpful at all. I personally believe it is none of my d@mn business if someone is ttgp or not, so I would never think to say such things, but I have gotten similar comments and it makes me nuts. I get my age thrown in my face a lot. A lot of "its too bad your husband had to leave this year, your almost 32 so its not going to be easy for you the longer you have to wait". Geeze thanks. As if I am not aware of A) my age and B) my situation. 

I try VERY hard not to begrudge ppl when they tell me they're pregnant because my situation has nothing to do with theirs and I should be happy for them just like I would want people to be happy for me, but it is so very hard to ignore the comments like you described. I don't think they realize what they are saying is upsetting and that is the only reason I don't get upset at them. 

I have 5 friends who are pregnant and every so often the jealousy bug bites me so I understand. That is when you come here and vent away :)
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options

You notice it because you want it and because that's where most people you hang around with are in their life.  Just like everyone starts marrying around the same time.

My typical response to those questions is "9 months after I get pregnant" although I'm thinking about changing it to something along the lines of "Never.  MH and I decided we don't like kids and don't want them" mostly for reactions. At this point I deserve a little humor in this. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I know it's hard.  I'm going through the same thing.  I found out that a horrible exboyfriend and his girlfriend are pregnant - also an opps.  I definitely had a break down over that one.  Why him and not me?  But, we just have to stay positive.  You'll have your moments where you just want to be upset, but the key is to move on and focus on yourself.  Everything happens for a reason, it just takes some time.  (Easier said than done, I know.)  Good luck!

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It's totally normal.  I agree with pp as it's because you want it, so now it bothers you.  There were 12 of us in a 50 mile radius that got pregnant in a 3 month span; I was one of the last ones.  And I hated every facebook status saying another person was ku, I felt like I never noticed pregnant statuses until then.

And then after we had lo, everyone was immediately like "when's the next one coming?"  Ummm, this one just popped out, can my stitches heal first?  Now that we're ttc #2, I'm noticing more again and I'm trying to ignore them. 

Good Luck ttc!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know you're a lurker but I just wanted to point out that there is a "monday b!tchfest" post like 6 threads down specifically for vents like this. =/

But to answer you: I notice more people but it doesn't mean that more people are procreating. I'm just more sensitive to it. It's like buying a car. You don't really realize how many PT Cruisers there are on the roadways until you start seeing them every freaking where. They are everywhere normally, you just didn't really notice it until you became more aware of them or someone pointed out how many of them where out there.

When people say "you're next", I say "Yeah, right" in my normal sarcastic tone and move on. I don't give them anything further. With my friends and family, if you give them an inch they will take a mile. My TTC journey is none of their business.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"