July 2012 Moms
Options

Daycare concerns

I'm going back this week too.  I'm so concerned about leaving my LO at daycare.  My main concern is her safety.  I should say first that I have no "real" reason to be concerned about her safety.  I'm sending her to a daycare that two colleagues of mine have had their children in, both happily (one is still there).  There are no state complaints.  I have called the other parents as well, who love her.

I'm not sure if I would worried about any daycare, b/c I'm a first time mom and I'm nervous. But here is why I'm nervous: 1) daycare provider is about 70, and will have 6 kids including mine, I worry it will be hard for her to juggle all the needs of all the kids 2) mine will be the youngest (by far - next closest is 18 months).  I'm worried about the older kids harming her in some way (provider has told me specifically how mine will be kept separate or with her at all times - but what if she helps an older kid and doesn't take those precautions?). 

I guess those are the only reasons.  Does this sound like the ravings of a crazy FTM?  I'm guessing they probably are.  Did it take you guys some time to "trust" your provider or did you just trust them immediately? 

TTC since 2010
High FSH/Low AMH - DX DOR March/April/May 2011 Clomid - BFN; 6/2011 Femara - BFN
July 2011 Femara + IUI - BFN
August 2011 Injectables + IUI - BFN
Surprise BFP 11/2/11!!!
Beta #1 - 9; Beta #2 - 39; Beta #3 - 197!! Yay!!
11/19/11 - we have a heartbeat! Get comfy, baby! Baby girl born 7/12/12, she's perfect! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare concerns

• Options
    I don't think you're crazy; I worry too but just because I always think that our nanny won't think of the things I do, like checking on him a million times during naps. I trust our nanny completely, she's done a great job raising her own kid, I think it's just that we feel very protective of our LOs. But if you truly feel like something isn't right you can always switch providers. GL!
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't think you're crazy.  I cried two weeks before sending my LO because they didn't know his cries and they may not really do what he needs.  As a mom, your instinct is to protect your baby, so I'd be more worried if you didn't have concerns.

For me, I have quit worrying.  I took him to "school" while I was still on maternity to leave to help us both transition and last week, I popped in at random times.  Each time, he was a-okay and having fun.  I feel much better about it and know he's in good hands.

I'm sure your LO will be fine, but if you have real concerns after LO goes, trust your gut.   

Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Okay, I don't think you're being crazy, but maybe a bit over the top.

Just focus on why you chose your DC provider in the first place.  All of those things are still true as were the things that cause you to hesitate now, and yet you felt confident enough to choose her anyway.  Your LO will be fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't think you are crazy. I personally wouldn't be okay with a 6:1 ratio, period, much less when the care provider is elderly.

• Options

i would be concerned with the number of kids and with the age ranges.

can you afford a licensed day care center? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"