Baby Showers
Options

Clicky Poll: S/O Rsvping and not showing up...

Which do you think is more rude?[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicky Poll: S/O Rsvping and not showing up...

• Options

I think for an at-home shower showing up without RSVPing is worse.... I would rather have extra food than not enough because someone showed up...

However, if you are talking a more formal shower (more like a wedding really) where you are having something plated, where you need a headcount first, I think RSVPing yes then not showing up is worse. Nothing irks me more than paying for something that gets wasted. At least if you didn't RSVP yes then show up, you could still come but not have any food (yeah I may be a bit*& like that and say tough sh*&)

• Options
    imagemama&baby:

I think for an at-home shower showing up without RSVPing is worse.... I would rather have extra food than not enough because someone showed up...

However, if you are talking a more formal shower (more like a wedding really) where you are having something plated, where you need a headcount first, I think RSVPing yes then not showing up is worse. Nothing irks me more than paying for something that gets wasted. At least if you didn't RSVP yes then show up, you could still come but not have any food (yeah I may be a bit*& like that and say tough sh*&)

All of this- but I always order/make way too much food, so I'd let the show up without RSVP slide more so than blowing a shower off after saying you'd be there. 

Why do you ask?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I always have more than enough food and most likely there is someone who can't make it for one reason or another so there would be an extra plate or two.  I think NOT showing up when you say you are going to is worse because the person is not considering the host's/guest of honor/s feelings OR wallet.  Showing up after saying you aren't going to doesn't bother me as much because sometimes circumstances maybe changed at the last minute and they could actually make it.  If/when people do this I think they know it's a possibilty they may not get to eat or get a favor, etc. but they cared enough about the person to BE THERE.

• Options
    imagemama&baby:

Very well said.  

If I were hosting a shower at home I can guarantee that I would have more than enough food, so it would not be too inconvenient if a couple people showed up without RSVPing. I also am the type that would make a couple extra favors just in case.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    imageAllycat11:
    imagemama&baby:

Very well said.  

If I were hosting a shower at home I can guarantee that I would have more than enough food, so it would not be too inconvenient if a couple people showed up without RSVPing. I also am the type that would make a couple extra favors just in case.  

All of this!

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it's worse to say you aren't coming and then show up. I always have more than enough food and favours but I would still rather have people not just show up. It sucks when people can't make it after saying they would be there but things can happen and sometimes something unexpected changes your plans.

If the person who thought they couldn't go suddenly can go they aren't too busy to call and should at least call when they are about to leave. It is possible to be to busy or caught up in something unexpected to call and cancel.

• Options
    I find them equally distasteful. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

imageLiz4444:
    I find them equally distasteful. 

I agree.  Some events NEED a headcount.

However, I voted that it's more rude to show up without RSVPing.  My reasoning behind this is that sometimes there are genuine emergencies and people cannot make events they planned on.  But there is NEVER a reason for someone to show up without RSVPing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    imageblush64:

I think it's worse to say you aren't coming and then show up. I always have more than enough food and favours but I would still rather have people not just show up. It sucks when people can't make it after saying they would be there but things can happen and sometimes something unexpected changes your plans.

If the person who thought they couldn't go suddenly can go they aren't too busy to call and should at least call when they are about to leave. It is possible to be to busy or caught up in something unexpected to call and cancel.

I think it's worse to RSVP and not show up, at least if it's a house based party. I've always made extra food so I wouldn't be concerned about that. However I would be miffed if I put the time and effort into hosting an event and you didn't show up (no show/no warning).  I've also hosted a baby shower where one of the somewhat good friends didn't show up to the shower. Needless to say I thought it was rude, but the mom to be was saddened her friend didn't come and didn't even let her know she wasn't coming. I had a few people show up to my wedding unexpectedly and since it was a buffet with some extra to spare I thought the more the merrier at the time. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagemama&baby:

Well said.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"