Baby Showers
Options

Favors?

I am planning on making pies in mason jars as the favors for my baby shower. My question is should I bake them or keep them frozen so the guest can bake them when they are in the mood?

Re: Favors?

• Options
    I think I would prefer to get it frozen and bake it when I wanted.... maybe you could do a few of each?
  • Options
    baked would bemy pref.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    baked would be my pref.
  • Options
    I agree about making some of each. Just don't forget instructions for the ones that aren't baked.
  • Options
    From a practical standpoint, baked would be easier to deal with then frozen, especially for guests that are coming from a ways, or need to stop somewhere on the way home. Were I a guest, I'd hate to miss out on your cute mason jar pie because I had to stop at the grocery on the way home or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    baked! yummy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would prefer it baked but it wouldn't hurt to do some of each.  Super cute idea. 

ETA: I just looked these up on Pinterest and love the idea. My shower is in November, which is definitely a popular time of year for pie and my mom is known in our family for the awesome pies she makes.  I am seriously considering using this idea.   

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    Thanks ladies!! I think I am going to do some of both... my in laws are from indiana (we are in illinois) so maybe they would prefer the option :) 
  • Options
    I would bake them. Also, would it be possible to put them on a stick or make pie bites? The reason is that it could be messy to eat?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    do you have a large enough freezer to freeze that many pies and keep them frozen before the shower?  I think baking is the way to go. Also, Very cute idea

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I would definitely bake them!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"