2nd Trimester

Bathtubs

I am working on my registry and I am having a hard time choosing a bathtub for my LO. After reading reviews of most of these tubs I though I would come to you ladies for your input. Thank you!

Re: Bathtubs

• We have an older one that someone gave us. I don't think it's made anymore. I think the closest thing I've seen and would buy is the FP whale tub.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I dont have brands or styles but when I register my number 1 thing for a bathtub is a sprayer... I dont want to have to use a cup. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I started off with a sponge like this:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12293405

in the kitchen sink. Once  DS was sitting up by himself, I bathed him in there without the sponge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have a Primo Eurobath and loved it. We used it until DDs were about a year old.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• I can't remember the exact one we got but it's a small one that folds up. I got it at Target on clearance. Not sure if it was on clearance b/c they don't carry it anymore or an online only item or what.

I knew I didn't want one of those massive plastic ones because how the heck do you store one of those?! I knew a small, compact and foldable one was the way to go for us. Once baby can sit up we have an inflatable duck that baby sits in and that goes in the tub.

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I wouldn't go too fancy.  We used the whale tub until they could sit up and then they were fine in the big tub. 

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We registered for the Puj tub mainly because we have the dinkiest bathroom, and house in general.  I thought for the first few months, it would be nice to have something that folds flat to dry and store, and although I have read some people hated it and it didn't fit in their sink, I think it will work ok for ours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejinnymb:
    I wouldn't go too fancy.  We used the whale tub until they could sit up and then they were fine in the big tub. 

Same here! 

• We got the big white Primo Euro tub.  It was barely used.  We used it to give DS baths for maybe the first two months or so and then we just started taking him in the shower and washing him in there... That being said - it was a good tub!  I will use it again this time - we also got one of those bath sponges to put in there for when he was so tiny to keep him from sliding down...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much, the info is a great help. I don't want anything too crazy but after reading some of the user reviews one begins to wonder if perhaps some of us just worry too much!

• I was going to get a whale tub, but decided on something with the newborn sling. Since I remembered using one with DD and loving it. The one I picked out is newer, gender neutral, and had great reviews.

We are getting this tub:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12182131&fromRegistryNumber=48502186&product_skn=252996

Plus it vibrates like the bouncy seat, which I kind of think is awesome!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This one is excessive but it's the one I want

https://www.amazon.com/4moms-4M-008-01-000101-Cleanwater-Collection/dp/B004Z22JIA/ref=br_it_dp_o_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=23D3CB88O57AA&coliid=I1IJI21D40F7AF

My nephew loved baths because my sister always used the exact temperature babies love most so it helped them avoid complete meltdowns during bath time. I'll probably try to put DH in charge of baths because I'll be doing a lot of the getting up in the middle of the night for boob to baby time and I'd like it to be easy for him! 

• We got a washpod for the first couple months and LO loved it. There was absolutely no crying. It was a bit awkward learning how to wash her while she was in it and then pulling her out, but once I go the hang of it, I loved it too. Once she was too big for that we got the inflatable duck tub. We used that until she was about a year old, but we could've switched the regular tub a bit earlier.
  • imagethis decaf life:
    This one is excessive but it's the one I wanthttps://www.amazon.com/4moms4M00801000101CleanwaterCollection/dp/B004Z22JIA/ref=br_it_dp_o_S_nC?ie=UTF8amp;colid=23D3CB88O57AAamp;coliid=I1IJI21D40F7AFMy nephew loved baths because my sister always used the exact temperature babies love most so it helped them avoid complete meltdowns during bath time. I'll probably try to put DH in charge of baths because I'll be doing a lot of the getting up in the middle of the night for boob to baby time and I'd like it to be easy for him!nbsp;

We got this and sent it back. It didn't work with our faucet. We only have one control knob that controls both temp and water flow. When the water is at the right temp it's also on full blast, which would require a ton of water to keep it on through the whole bath time. If you have a faucet that will allow you to set the temp and then turn it to more of a trickle, that would be ideal.
  • We had a very plain Jane one that had an angled seat for infants and an upright seat for toddlers.  It was just fine.  I think some of the fancier ones look neat, but I'd just rather not spend money on a special bath tub when it could be used for something else, just my opinion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got this one for DD and loved it:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3680336

It's the Summer Infant Right Height tub. It was perfect for her when she was an infant because she layed on that support piece. I would put the tub on my kitchen counter and stand on the blue stool. When she was bigger I put the white tub inside our big tub to keep the splashes contained. When she could sit up by herself I took out the support and she just sat in the white tub inside the big tub. It was a perfect set up. We will be using this with LO too.

• I registered for the whale bathtub. It's so cute and has great reviews.

BabyFruit Ticker

• We used the Puj for the first 4-5 months and it was great for that phase but not strictly necessary.  We then switched to the Primo Infant Bath Seat in the regular tub until he could sit up on his own. You could really just go with that from the beginning if the Puj won't fit in your sink and/or you don't mind bending over the regular tub. Since we'll probably be bathing the newbie with our toddler, we'll probably use the Primo from the get go this time.

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageanneimal98:

We used the Puj for the first 4-5 months and it was great for that phase but not strictly necessary.  We then switched to the Primo Infant Bath Seat in the regular tub until he could sit up on his own. You could really just go with that from the beginning if the Puj won't fit in your sink and/or you don't mind bending over the regular tub. Since we'll probably be bathing the newbie with our toddler, we'll probably use the Primo from the get go this time.

Do you think this would work for bathing an infant and a 2 year old together?  I'd love to be able to do that... if it's possible to do safely.

• We love the whale of a tub.
  • imagedrpayne:
    imageanneimal98:

We used the Puj for the first 4-5 months and it was great for that phase but not strictly necessary.  We then switched to the Primo Infant Bath Seat in the regular tub until he could sit up on his own. You could really just go with that from the beginning if the Puj won't fit in your sink and/or you don't mind bending over the regular tub. Since we'll probably be bathing the newbie with our toddler, we'll probably use the Primo from the get go this time.

Do you think this would work for bathing an infant and a 2 year old together?  I'd love to be able to do that... if it's possible to do safely.

I think so. If I recall correctly, the Primo has little suction cups on the bottom so I'll put that at one end and the 2 year old at the other. It might also mean using a little less water than we're currently using so the little one doesn't float away.

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We got this one...Nothing fancy and it does the job. We used the sling until her cord stump fell off and have been using the other part since. I wouldn't spend a lot on a tub.

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"