2nd Trimester

Watching People do Math

When I was 4.5 months my favorite thing to do was tell people I was half way through my pregnancy, then watch them try to figure out how many months that was.

One day a woman asked me, "How much do you have to go?" And I said, "I'm four and half months." She said, "Is that four and a half in or four and a half left to go." I smiled and said, "Both." 

Now I'm pretty much at 5 months, and all the fun-with-math is gone. Wah. 

Re: Watching People do Math

• imageBlissBerry:
    Cool story, bro.

Yep
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You do realize that pregnancy is longer than 9 months, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 9.27 months actually, but who's counting. 

I like to watch people try and convert weeks into months.  

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageMelleTX:

9.27 months actually, but who's counting. 

I like to watch people try and convert weeks into months.  

This exactly. They always look confused (unless they've had kids in the last 15 years), like "why didn't she tell me months" kind of look. Cuz if you take a month to be a literal 4 weeks then the pregnancy is 10 months long.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"