High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Everyone,

Its time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Clexane, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Here is a link to our injection tips, https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/68100369.aspx

This is the current list of Lovenox Ladies:

Damabo80 (MTHFR homo) ? 9/28

Baby Bouchard (MTHFR homo) ? 10/2

Allisonnicole65 (FVL, MTHFR) ? 10/3

Mlwoo103  (APS, previous DVT) ? 10/5

Sarahellen2010 ? (FVL homo, PAI-1) - 10/14

Sbsob0823 (FVL) ? 10/14

AustinBride06 (MTHFR) ? 10/15

Nicky820 (MTHFR) ? 10/22

Hutchison.andrea@gmail.com ? (MTHFR homo) -11/8

Kswestern (AT, Protein S) ? 11/9

Kaim87 (APS) ? 11/10

Poppy pmincess (MTHFR) - 11/13

Bostonbluejay (APS, MTHFR) ? 11/17

Tarynkaye86 (DVT) ? 11/7

Cuttley (FVL) ? 11/23

Athena97 (previous DVT) ? 1/1

Lily2013 (FVL and previous DVT, PE) ? 1/7

St.augbride (MTHFR) - 1/19

Mmojica129 (Prothrombin mutation) ? 1/20

Nikki0514 (FVL) ? 1/29

Keckmann (previous DVT, PE) ? 1/29

Bandbyork1 (APS) ? 1/29

Fignewt74 (FVL and previous DVT, PE) ? 2/9

Llfinch (APS) ? 2/11

JabberJay (previous PE) ? 2/19

Lizard22809 (MTHFR) ? 2/20

Krissywave (MTHFR) ? 2/23

LegsMcGee (prevous DVT, PE) ? 2/26

Thistlesnbrambles (MTHFR, previous PE) ? 3/9

Lucky2K13 (Prothrombin mutation) ? 3/11

Gemini545 (previous DVT) ? 3/13

Iamapixie (FVL and MTHFR) ? 3/13

Mom2Toddler (MTHFR, Protein S) ? 3/18

Alexz067 (MTHFR) ? 3/20

Mkc5869 (Protein C) ? 3/22

SkyExodus (previous PE) ? 3/24

Dieted01 (Protein C, protein S) ? 3/27

Buckyballs (PA!-1, previous TST) ? 4/1

APSnewmex (APS, previous CVT) ? 4/9

Bjelle00 (previous SVT) ? 4/9

LorenWeber13 (possible APS) - 5/10

If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.  (If you have checked in before but have not been added, it is likely because you didn?t give your EDD or the reason you are on blood thinners.)

QOTW:  What scares you the most about becoming a mom/bringing baby home?

Those who are already moms ? what is the ONE baby item you could not have lived without?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• Options

This is my first check-in. I am 9 weeks 2 days and I just returned from my doctor who informed that I need to start Heparin injections and that my pregnancy is considered "high risk". This is after mixed messages from multiple doctors. Basically I've tested positive for Antiphospholipid Antibody. The only reason I was tested is because my identical twin sister had a clotting incident (DVT and PE) and I was told to get tested since we are identical. Other doctors told me that I don't have APS because I haven't had a clotting incident. This doctor feels that because my twin sis did its better to treat me as though I have had an incident.

I guess thats a long winded way of saying "possible APS". I'm due May 1st.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This is my first time here....I am currently pregnant with twins and on Lovenox injections twice daily.  My EDD is 2/24/13.  The believe I had a blood clot in my head after my daughter was born in 2005.  So, when I found out I was expecting again, they decided it would be best to do the injections.  I really have no issue with them other than the whole burning after injection issue, but it is only for a short period of time.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome Rachel and bbamlet!  @Rachel: as someone dx'd with APS for over 3 years, this really is one of those better safe than sorry situations.  If you have a clotting predisposition, both you and the baby are safer treating it as though you've been given a solid diagnosis.

QOTW:  What scares you the most about becoming a mom/bringing baby home?  Not being able to work.  While I really want to stay home as long as I can, there's a distinct possibility that both my DH and myself will be out of work in January.  Kiddo doesn't come until April.  I can't start a job in January when I'm six months KU and DH won't qualify for unemployment thanks so loopholes in our state's laws.  I'm just wondering how quickly we're going to burn through our savings...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"