September 2012 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding moms - talk to me about alcohol

Can I have it?  I'm still feeding every 2 ish hours and Olive cluster feeds most nights so I only have 30 ish minutes between feeds around dinner time.

I haven't had any wine because it's frowned upon to intoxicate your kidlets.  Some one please tell me I'm being overly cautious.  I promise I won't drink the entire bottle.

Re: Breastfeeding moms - talk to me about alcohol

• Options

Beer ups your supply. I had one every day for a week. Great! It doesn't do anything to the baby.

My

LC and the doc say both that if you are fit to drive, you can also breastfeed. So a drink is ok. I wouldn't have more than one or two though. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes. Your BAC is the same as the alcohol content of your milkso even if you're too drunk to drive, your milk still only has a fraction of the alcohol in beer. Check out the lifestyle section of kellymom.com for more info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had a few beers since DD was born. I follow the 2 hr rule because I'm paranoid.
  • Options

I am drinking a nice Porter now while watching the Iggles!

I just listen to my body. I have been drinking long enough to know when I am going to be buzzed and I make sure not to hit that point while feeding. I always have a pumped bottle on hand just in case. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options

Drink one serving without a care. If you have two drinks, wait two hours, if you have three drinks, wait three hours etc. 

no need to pump and dump unless you are feeling drunk and engirged. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    I just had a glass of wine about an hour ago, it was so good! I drank it immediately after feeding DS so I should have about 2-3 hours before he eats again and I'll be fine by then. I'm not really even feeling the 1 glass, maybe more tired than I already was! Kellymom has some good advice about drinking and BFing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Bottoms up. Enjoy, woman!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options

Enjoy a nice glass of wine :) Whenever I have a glass of beer or wine, I have it right after his last feeding before bed when I know it is going to be a little while until he eats again. Enjoy it and thanks ladies for the above statements about beer uping your breast milk :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes. Having a drink is fine. A couple is fine, too, if you aren't nursing the baby anytime soon.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

imageSteph+J:
    bottoms up! you're safe :) I am enjoying a glass of red right now.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I didnt look at the post time/date & I was like DAYUM Steph, it's not even noon!

Also, I drink a beer every other night. I say it's for my supply, but it's really for my sanity. I havent had more than one because it's been so long I feel buzzed when i finish the first one & I am afraid I wont hear the baby.

• Options

imageSteph+J:

I just saw this response and had not looked at the time of the post. I was like "Dang, Girl it's just barely past noon" :) Hope you enjoyed your wine! 

ETA: I see I am not the only one who thought the same thing:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    imagejocymama:

imageSteph+J:

I just saw this response and had not looked at the time of the post. I was like "Dang, Girl it's just barely past noon" :) Hope you enjoyed your wine! 

ETA: I see I am not the only one who thought the same thing:) 

Igot so excited, I almost had a beer. Almost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"