Snarky and T-TTC

Good Luck Katt!!

I hope you have a great u/s today and that everything is as it should be!!  Come on baby Katt!!  Praying so hard for you sweetie.  What time is it?  Update us when you can :)
TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
TESE for DH 08/09/09
ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Good Luck Katt!!

• Good luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Good luck!!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been thinking of you this morning!! I hope your US looks great!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies!

We're still up in the air. Ugh! We saw a heartbeat (which was amazing!) but it was only 89. They want it over 100 I guess. The sac is measuring 6w1d and the baby is measuring 5w6d. They're concerned that there's a discrepancy between the sac and the baby. And I should be 6w5d so everything is measuring behind.

They also saw a second gestational sac without a heartbeat. Crazy!

I wish I could say I'm completely comfortable but I'm really terrified of losing this especially seeing the heart flicker.

Next ultrasound is next Thursday. I hope my little booger picks up speed.
  • So glad you saw a heartbeat! Awesome! Sending prayers that all is good at next appointment. Keep growing little one!
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That is amazing about the heartbeat!!  Fingers crossed that your LO is just a late implanter and will catch up in no time.  Come on baby, grow, grow, grow!  All my prayers and good vibes going out to you that your next u/s goes well and shows a nicely growing baby :)
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
  • That's awesome you got to see the heartbeat! Sorry to hear you're still kind of in limbo and that the second sac didn't show a heartbeat. TP's that everything looks perfect next week.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Anyone ever measured behind and caught back up?
  • No personal experience exactly, but I feel like that early with things so small yet constantly growing its easy for measurements to be off track.  Plus, different people could measure things differently.  I remember with Tommy I once had two ultrasounds in one day due to an SCH bleeding scare.  The doc who measured me during early morning hours said I measured 6 weeks 1 day (I was 6 weeks 5 days ). The doc who measured me four hours later measured me at 6 weeks 5 days. Go figure.  (Big hugs). Hopefully your LO is just taking his/her time!
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
  • imageJenny829:
    No personal experience exactly, but I feel like that early with things so small yet constantly growing its easy for measurements to be off track.  Plus, different people could measure things differently.  I remember with Tommy I once had two ultrasounds in one day due to an SCH bleeding scare.  The doc who measured me during early morning hours said I measured 6 weeks 1 day (I was 6 weeks 5 days ). The doc who measured me four hours later measured me at 6 weeks 5 days. Go figure.  (Big hugs). Hopefully your LO is just taking his/her time!
    That's definitely encouraging! Just praying this is our take home baby!
  • Katt, so glad you were able to see a heartbeat but wish it could have been more sure.

I hope everything looks great at you next check!

• I wish your good news were more confidently ecstatic, but I'm very hopeful for you and so happy that you heard a heartbeat! 
  • imagekatt3233:
    Anyone ever measured behind and caught back up?

Me, me, me!!! :)  I now have a healthy 6 month old that they thought was a blighted ovum.  Most of it's in my siggy, but in a nutshell ...

I had a decent beta that never doubled in 48.  It was always a little slow to rise.  They did the first u/s at 5w5d and saw a small sac that they thought was a little too small (and nothing else).  They thought maybe it was too early (beta was 2000) so brought me back a week later.  Sac was bigger and they searched for awhile but found nothing in the sac.  It was empty.  That was 6w5d.  Went back at 7w1d and we saw a yolk sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat.  Saw a hb at 7w5d but it wasn't measurable.  At 8.5weeks we finally saw a measurable heartbeat and a babe that was measuring only a day or two behind.  The entire time up to that he measured a full week behind and with IVF that shouldn't have been (according to the RE). 

The crazy part was at the 7w5d u/s they didn't see much, we were talking about scheduling a D&C and he wanted to do one more scan.  He had me push down on my bellybutton really hard and that's when life changed.  There was the baby with a heartbeat.  He was still measuring behind but he was there. 

We've never gotten an explanation as to why it all went that way, but it did.  He's still small (as of 6 months he's 0% on weight and 2% for height) so maybe he's just been little from the get go.

Don't give up hope!!

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• imageKaliChick:

imagekatt3233:
    Anyone ever measured behind and caught back up?

Me, me, me!!! :)  I now have a healthy 6 month old that they thought was a blighted ovum.  Most of it's in my siggy, but in a nutshell ...

I had a decent beta that never doubled in 48.  It was always a little slow to rise.  They did the first u/s at 5w5d and saw a small sac that they thought was a little too small (and nothing else).  They thought maybe it was too early (beta was 2000) so brought me back a week later.  Sac was bigger and they searched for awhile but found nothing in the sac.  It was empty.  That was 6w5d.  Went back at 7w1d and we saw a yolk sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat.  Saw a hb at 7w5d but it wasn't measurable.  At 8.5weeks we finally saw a measurable heartbeat and a babe that was measuring only a day or two behind.  The entire time up to that he measured a full week behind and with IVF that shouldn't have been (according to the RE). 

The crazy part was at the 7w5d u/s they didn't see much, we were talking about scheduling a D&C and he wanted to do one more scan.  He had me push down on my bellybutton really hard and that's when life changed.  There was the baby with a heartbeat.  He was still measuring behind but he was there. 

We've never gotten an explanation as to why it all went that way, but it did.  He's still small (as of 6 months he's 0% on weight and 2% for height) so maybe he's just been little from the get go.

Don't give up hope!!

I was actually thinking of you but I couldn't remember your exact story, so thank you for stopping in.  It appears that for where I'm measuring the heart rate is within range, so it's just concerning now that I'm measuring behind.

However, this is all being done through a regular OB office, and they are clearly not used to seeing patients this early, so I kind of question what they are telling me.  

So I'm trying  not to worry about it, because that won't help anything anyway.  Just hoping and praying everything continues to grow and look fantastic next week!

Thank you!! 

• I hope your little bean keeps growing strong!!!
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I've got my fingers crossed for you.  I'm sorry if this has already been said, but was this a result of IVF??

I remember searching and everything (including my RE) said measuring a full week behind with IVF wasn't a good thing.  But apparently my little boy was just stubborn and on his own growth curve (still is) or just wasn't giving us a great shot.  Everything is so small at this stage and subjective in my opinion.

Keep us updated, please!  Will keep you in my thoughts! :)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

• imageKaliChick:

I've got my fingers crossed for you.  I'm sorry if this has already been said, but was this a result of IVF??

I remember searching and everything (including my RE) said measuring a full week behind with IVF wasn't a good thing.  But apparently my little boy was just stubborn and on his own growth curve (still is) or just wasn't giving us a great shot.  Everything is so small at this stage and subjective in my opinion.

We did IVF last year, but this was a surprise!  Natural, unmedicated cycle.  As it gets closer to Thursday, I get more nervous!  Thank you for the positive thoughts!  They are very appreciated!
  • imageKaliChick:

I've got my fingers crossed for you.  I'm sorry if this has already been said, but was this a result of IVF??

We did IVF last year, but this was a surprise!  Natural, unmedicated cycle.  As it gets closer to Thursday, I get more nervous!  Thank you for the positive thoughts!  They are very appreciated!
  • Even more reason to be okay with measuring a little behind!  You aren't entirely sure of the conception date! :) 

I'll be waiting for awesome news! :)

Our Journey to Brenden

3 babies waiting on ice

• So sorry you are still in limbo, but that's great that there is a hb! A two day discrepancy between the sac and the baby doesn't seem like a big deal to me - it could just be measurement error. Also, I did some googling and read that a normal hb at 6-7 weeks is 90-110, so you are right at the end of the normal range just shy of six weeks. I think it sounds promising! Thinking of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"