3rd Trimester
Options

Recommend your SUV

DH and I have been searching for a larger SUV over the last week. Once we installed our second car seat into our small SUV, we realized we need to upgrade. We'd like a mid size SUV with a third row. Today, we test drove the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander.

I'd love to hear some suggestions for other cars to check out! Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

Re: Recommend your SUV

• Options
    I recently got a GMC Acadia and its really nice!
  • Options
    I have a Hyundai Santa Fe. Its a smaller SUV but I love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and i are getting the newer kia sorento. my dad recommended it to us and it is awesomeeee! definitely look into that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We have the new ford explorer and live it! Gas mileage is better than the others and it is so comfy to drive in!
  • Options

I have a Mazda cx9 and I like it pretty well so far. Haven't drove it in a winter setting yet, so we will see how that goes. Love the 3rd row seating tho! 

My mil has a new Kia sorento which is really nice as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCourt7803:
    I have a Mazda cx9 and I like it pretty well so far. Haven't drove it in a winter setting yet, so we will see how that goes. Love the 3rd row seating tho!nbsp;My mil has a new Kia sorento which is really nice as well.nbsp;
    . we also have the Cx9 and love it! Lots of space and handles very well.
  • Options
    I think the Pilot or the Highlander are excellent vehicles.  You might try a Pathfinder or a 4Runner as well. 
  • Options

We eventually are going to upgrade to a 3rd row SUV and after doing a lot of research, we're going back to what my FI used to have and getting a Tahoe. I don't do a lot of driving since I'm a SAHM so it will be my vehicle. We both LOVE Tahoes and they are so roomy and great for traveling, besides the horrible gas mileage.

However, if you're looking for the mid-size SUVs I heard that the GMC Acadia is awesome (we even looked into it, but decided on a full-size SUV) and I've also heard great things about the new Explorer. I have the old Explorer and I still love it, we just need to upgrade to something a little bigger. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We will need one in the next few years as well. We rented a Chevy Traverse for a road trip last summer and we really liked it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love our Kia Sorento
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • Options
    We bought the Toyota Venza recently. Don't rule it out! It's AMAZING and there is so much space.
  • Options
    We have a nissan xterra and love it!  It does not have a third row, but I believe the pathfinder is the size up.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options

imageIEtoLA:
    imageCourt7803:
    I have a Mazda cx9 and I like it pretty well so far. Haven't drove it in a winter setting yet, so we will see how that goes. Love the 3rd row seating tho!nbsp;My mil has a new Kia sorento which is really nice as well.nbsp;

Another vote for the CX9. I did a lot of research before buying. It rated very high with safety, resale, and it gets better mileage than a lot of other SUVs.It was also very competitive price wise and I was able to get a lot more of the bells and whistles I was wanting.  All of my commuting is interstate and I get 22mpg or better. 

imageimage
  • Options
    We got a 2012 Dodge Durango earlier this year and absolutely love it.  It has a third row and lots of bells and whistles for a reasonable price.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Options
    imageLSU628:

imageIEtoLA:
    imageCourt7803:

Another vote for the CX9. I did a lot of research before buying. It rated very high with safety, resale, and it gets better mileage than a lot of other SUVs.It was also very competitive price wise and I was able to get a lot more of the bells and whistles I was wanting.  All of my commuting is interstate and I get 22mpg or better. 

I love my CX9 as well!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageemolee84:
    imageLSU628:

imageIEtoLA:
    imageCourt7803:

I love my CX9 as well!

Yes, forgot about the safely ratings, it did score high overall for it!

We took a group of friends out in it, 3 large men and 4 woman and everyone was commenting in how much space they had even fully packed. We went with the grand touring edition becacuse we wanted all the bells & whistles. The only thing I don't like is the 20inch rims on it because of the cost of replacement... But it's not cheap being a gangsta! Haha, I kid.  

• Options
    we have a '12 pilot. i really like it but it still fills up fast when we travel. we haven't put the second seat in yet to see how that is. my husband is already talking about trading in for a tahoe or sequoia. guess it just depends on how big you want/feel like you need. (we also have 2 dogs that are 100+ pounds)
  • Options

imageLauLauCC08:
    We have the new ford explorer and live it! Gas mileage is better than the others and it is so comfy to drive in!

This! I just got a 2012 Explorer and love it! We will have 3 kids under 8 and 1 teenager. We fit comfortably so far. It has a great ride and lots of versatility with seating. I have had a CX-9 and the third row sucks as far as leg room goes.

• Options
    I have the new Ford Explorer Limited.... I absolutley love it!! I was a little nervous because my last two cars were Lexus and thought I might not be as happy with a Ford but I absolutley love it!! You can hide the third row with a click of a button too!!
  • Options
    We have an Acadia and love it. It has three rows and actually I find them to be pretty spacious. MPG is just ok on them.
  • Options
    We have been very happy with our Nissan Pathfinder.  I am able to fit three seats in the middle row, so I am not losing my storage in the back (I put the third row down constantly).
  • Options
    We have a Chevy Traverse, which has the 3rd row.  I've had it for 3 years and absolutely love my car!!!  It's built by the same manufacturer and has same body style as the GMC Acadia, which has been mentioned above a few times.
    IMG_0933 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a volvo xc90-bought it 3 years used and the price dropped dramatically. We have the 3rd row of seats with it too. I honestly love it and feel super safe in it. Maintenance is a *** though!
  • Options

My husband and I have a Mercury Mountaineer with the third row seating and I highly recemmond it!! I have a lot of people looking into them because its soo nice.. good luck!!

• Options
    I love love love my Subaru Forrester. It does not have the third row, but it's very spacious. The Tribeca seats 7, though. I hadn't seen a Subaru endorsement, yet, so here's mine. I LOVE it!!!
  • Options
    We have a Rav4 and LOVE it!  When we are ready, I'm 99% sure we'll upgrade to a Highlander.  Personally, I just think Toyota makes great cars!
  • Options

We bought a 2012 Honda CR-V in May and LOVE IT!!!

• Great Gas Mileage, incluing ECO setting
    • 5 Star Safety Rating
    • Amazing amount of cargo space
    • Reliable
    • Comfortable
    • Back-up Camera
    • BlueTooth technology to sync phone for calls and music
    • Plus a lot of other great features. 
    image BFP #3 02/14/2012 - EDD 10/20/2012 Started prometrium right away, hoping this one sticks Beta #1 (02/15) 37. Torrey born 10/21/2012 w 6lb 14oz, 19.5" long Beta #2 (02/17) 87 Doubling time 38.91 Beta #3 (02/22) 495 Doubling time 47.84 Beta #4 (02/28) 8108 Doubling time 35.70 ~grow baby grow~ Updated EDD 10/26 BFP #2 01/10/2012 - EDD 09/18/2012, Chemical Pregnancy ended 01/13/2012 BFP #1 12/03/2011 - EDD 08/06/2012, Natural M/C 12/13/2011
  • Options
    I love my Mazda CX-9!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have a Honda Ridgeline and absolutely love it....Its a cross between an SUV and a truck but it drives smoothly like an SUV. The bed has a deep watertight compartment for groceries. Its just the right height for not having to bend over or step up to put a baby in as well.
    M/C#1-5/2/2009 M/C#2- 10/1/2009 BFP#3- 4/7/10! EDD 12/22/10 Riggs born 12/25/10 8lbs 5 oz 21 inches :) BFP: 4/2/2012 EDD 12/16/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"