2nd Trimester

When did you start showing?

I am just a day shy of 13 weeks..some would say that is the start of the second tri, some say I have a week to go. Either way, I'll get better answers on the second tri board than the first. When did your belly bump start to pop? In the last few days..especially by the end of the day..I've noticed a bump a lot more so than before! I assumed I wouldnt really start to show until closer to 17-18 weeks, but here we are! Havent moved to maternity clothes yet, but unbuttoning my pants at work is now a daily thing! btw, if youve found out the sex already..would you say the myth rings true about how you carry related to the sex? I think they say if you carry low its a girl, if you carry high its boy? Or maybe the other way around...
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: When did you start showing?

• I started really showing around 12 weeks. At least thats when I started unbuttoning my pants. Also I think that if it's high, it's a girl. Low is a boy. But I could also be wrong.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was noticeably showing around 10 weeks as a STM.  With my first, I think it was probably around 23 weeks?

I don't know what the myth is, but I am lowwwwww with this baby and he is a boy.  With my daughter I was pretty high.  I just assumed I was low this time around because it's my second and my body isn't as high and tight as it was the first time.

• Loading the player...
  • I was very bloated from 7ish weeks to somewhere in the mid teens so my clothes weren't fitting properly. I didn't really pop until around 23 weeks.  

ETA: I also always heard the old wives tale as carrying high is a girl, carrying low is a boy.  I am carrying very low and having a girl.  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Not at least until we knew the gender at 19 weeks. Before that if you knew me and knew I was pregnant you could tell but strangers would not have noticed until after 19 weeks. If this is your first you probably aren't showing in the sense that your uterus is sticking out but that you're bloated and digesting your food slower. 

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I have a little pudge. It is still very low and only visible if I am naked or in a "tighter" outfit.  My mom noticed it the other day but like I said its only a pudgy belly.  I look bloated or like I got a little fatter. I definitly don't look pregnant

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I started showing around 16/17 weeks - a few of my friends noticed a "food baby" so I told them it was a real baby!

My bump is pretty obvious now but that didn't really happen until a couple weeks ago [23/24w]. My uterus is bump worthy now because it's pretty high above my belly button. 

ETA I'm having a girl and I'm not really sure where I'm carrying but I think it's pretty low. My pants stopped fitting at about 17 weeks but my shirts and a lot of my dresses still fit fine. 

• I didn't start noticeably showing til a week into my 5th month. Just depends on who you are I guess.

I don't think how I carry was what they said. 

I'm having a girl and I craved sweet things in the beginning, but in my second tri I start craving salty things. So, I hold no stock in that. I did the chinese gender thing and it happened to be right for me, but I think it was more luck than accuracy.

• Not until 20 weeks, I wore my favorite skinny jeans until 21 weeks.  But I feel like I have exploded the past 3 weeks!!!!

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• 12 weeks with this one - about 20 with #1!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 12 weeks and this is my first!
    The myth is High girl, low boy but its.not very true ;

Love, Amanda

expecting our little miracle in February

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was around 16-18 weeks before I started showing. I also went straight to maternity clothes at that time. No belly band or rubber band trick.

I think the how you're carrying thing is crap. I am carrying low and having a girl. My SIL carried kinda high and she had a boy. And it is supposed to be the opposite. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've only just started showing at about 24 weeks, FTM. I've been feeling thicker and were maternity pants since 20 weeks but my stomach just looked like I had too big of a dinner vs growing a baby. Don't worry you will show when the time comes and as long as baby is healthy and growing its nothing to be concerned about.
  • I feel like there are different degrees of "showing". I personally felt I was showing at 12-13 weeks because that's when I really noticed changes in my body but they weren't really apparent to others except DH. Around 15-16 weeks close friends and family could notice my "mini-bump" as I called it. And between 19-20 weeks (about where I am now) I've gotten a couple looks/comments from strangers, but it's not always obvious unless I am sitting or you see my from the side!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• 20 to 22 weeks with DD.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• At 22 weeks, I could see a bump.  No one really said anything to me until I was 27/28 weeks.  This time around, I can see a little something right now, but nothing that will be showing for a few weeks I'm sure.

• I started showing at 15 weeks, to the point where people are commenting in it, and it is pretty obvious.  I went from pudge to bump over ought it seems.  I am a FTM.
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • imagekristi104:
    I am just a day shy of 13 weeks..some would say that is the start of the second tri, some say I have a week to go. Either way, I'll get better answers on the second tri board than the first. When did your belly bump start to pop? In the last few days..especially by the end of the day..I've noticed a bump a lot more so than before! I assumed I wouldnt really start to show until closer to 17-18 weeks, but here we are! Havent moved to maternity clothes yet, but unbuttoning my pants at work is now a daily thing! btw, if youve found out the sex already..would you say the myth rings true about how you carry related to the sex? I think they say if you carry low its a girl, if you carry high its boy? Or maybe the other way around...

Thats bloat.  Thats why its worse at the end of the day-its awful!  I am FTM and I started showing at 15-16 weeks.  I am carrying very low and I am having a girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could tell a difference in my belly as soon as 14 weeks or less I don't remember, no one else who didn't know me before could tell until about 18-21 weeks and than it just popped and by now it's unmistakable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I could tell around 14 weeks but others started to notice around 16/17 weeks.
  • I'm 17 weeks and nothing yet.

DH and I can tell that my stomach is firmer/thicker, but no one else can really tell and there's definitely not a noticeable bump. I am unbuttoning my pants/using the bella band, but no maternity pants. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My first pregnancy didn't show til 23 weeks.  this time... yikes 6 weeks?! ha!  I felt that way anyway... but i'm 20 weeks and still in all my clothes just a bit more of a bump :) 
  • Sheesh! I didn't fit in my clothes by the end of the 1st tri, but I didn't look preg. However, I didn't actually gain weight until about 20 weeks, which is also when I really started to show.
  • I would say around 16 weeks I started to notice a bump but to others, I just looked fat! One thing I learned is that the full panel maternity jeans really make your belly pop! Regular pants seemed to cut through my tummy and give me somewhat of a "muffin top"...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • well it won't matter where you carry for awhile because your uterus is still rising. but to be fair, my uterus is "higher up" than normal (i.e. when it should have been below my belly button it was right abovei t, I could feel it!) because I'm short, but the baby likes to hang out down low on my bladder...and ishe;s a girl. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • 1st pregnancy: was showing around 28 weeks; carrying low; had a boy

2nd pregnancy: showing around 16 weeks, carrying high; according to u/s we are having a girl

OWT are exactly that, tales.

Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my first I didnt  start showing until around 16 weeks.  Im now pregnant with my second and I started showing around 10 weeks.  Not sure if it was just extra weight or not but now Im 25 weeks and look like Im carrying twins!!!!!  My first was a girl and now preg with a boy.  I am carrying so different than I did the first time.
  • I just asked DD1 if I'm starting to look pregnant or just fat. She told me just fat. ;-) Gotta love 6 year olds for honest opinions. DH wouldn't answer the same question.

So I guess that means I'm not showing yet.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I am a 3rd time mom. I would say 20 weeks with the first, 16 with the 2nd and 12 with this one...I just recently switched to maternity clothes though and am between 20 and 21 weeks. However now I am already getting the "you must be due soon" comments. Which is nothing new. Apparently I get huge when pregnant. The comments bothered me with my first. I just laugh about it now.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is my first pregnancy, and I am 5'8 and 125#- slender frame.  I woke up one morning during week 16 with a bump that was not there the day before! That's when we made our announcement :) I was thrilled :)
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

• I just looked back at all of my weekly bump pictures. lol I think I really started to show around 15-16 weeks. That's when I popped! Belly got rounder and bigger around then. Now I feel HUGE. ha!

I'm not sure what the myth is but I'm having a girl and carrying a high, in my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"