May 2012 Moms

Anyone's baby NOT rolling yet?

So, my daughter has rolled belly to back a couple of times, but not in weeks.  My son hasn't even attempted it.  The pedi told me not to worry at their 4 month appointment, but I feel like they are behind.  I'm giving them tummy time and they're great at pushing up with their arms.  They just won't flip!!  We've got no rolling action back to belly either.  I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone's baby NOT rolling yet?

• Here!

He has rolled belly to back twice (about a month ago) and now really wants nothing to do with rolling over...

and dont worry about it... they will get there... our pedi said that Kyler is a month "advanced" in motor skills, but he still isn't rolling over...

• No rolling for us. 

He rolled from tummy to back once almost two months ago. He now has no interest in doing it again.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No rolling here yet either, but I'm not worried, it will come.
  • No rolling whatsoever. He is great at lifting his head for tummy time and just looks around.. No interest in flipping.

• Another non roller over here.  He has done back to tummy a few times but not in a while.  I can't coax him to do it either.  He's been putting his weight on his legs since 7 weeks though and at this point, if i put his hands on the table he stands on his own.  I feel like he wants to walk before he can crawl lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD will be 5 months on Tuesday and still no rolling. Occasionally she will roll onto her side, but that's the end of her interest in rolling. She is more into sitting up and standing (assisted...obviously). I'm not worried. Our ped said that some babies will sit before they roll, and I think that is the route we are on.
    Photobucket
  • Not here either.  He has rolled from belly to back and seems like he will almost do back to tummy but not there yet.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • imageJess & Drew:
    DD will be 5 months on Tuesday and still no rolling. Occasionally she will roll onto her side, but that's the end of her interest in rolling. She is more into sitting up and standing (assisted...obviously). I'm not worried. Our ped said that some babies will sit before they roll, and I think that is the route we are on.

We are in the same boat except DD is almost 4 months. She loves to stand and sit up and if you try to hold her like a baby she flexes her ab muscles to try and sit up. She apparantly has rolled a couple of times at the babysitters but not for me.

• DS is a little over 5 months and just rolled over for the first time yesterday morning, but it was back to belly, and has done it a few more times since. He has no interest in even attempting belly to back. I am not concerned because he holds himself up during tummy time and can sit up unsupported. I wouldnt worry. Each baby does things at their own pace.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • imagemichyme123:
    Are you seriously joining the May board?? Sigh....

No use in stirring this all back up.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • imagemichyme123:

+1

• imagemichyme123:

not to be rude mich... but her babies were born in May.... 

• imagemichyme123:
    imagejoshandpanda:

imagemichyme123:

Honestly didn't notice, oops. Just assumed June since that's been where she has been. I just saw what happened to June board and hoping it doesn't happen here. Most people left this board but I do enjoy the ones that stuck around and don't want it to cause a rift. Hopefully no more leave ;)

I understand what happened to the June board... and honestly... as long as the drama doesn't start here... Ill respect her posting here...

but yes... I LOVE all the ladies that post here, and really wish some would come back... This board has been super dead lately, I wish it would pick back up... 

• imagejoshandpanda:
    imagemichyme123:
    imagejoshandpanda:

imagemichyme123:

Honestly didn't notice, oops. Just assumed June since that's been where she has been. I just saw what happened to June board and hoping it doesn't happen here. Most people left this board but I do enjoy the ones that stuck around and don't want it to cause a rift. Hopefully no more leave ;)

I understand what happened to the June board... and honestly... as long as the drama doesn't start here... Ill respect her posting here...

but yes... I LOVE all the ladies that post here, and really wish some would come back... This board has been super dead lately, I wish it would pick back up... 

I agree with all of this. Just all of us need to be smart enough not to give anyone from an online forum money. Sorry to the June moms that got burned but honestly that was a dumb move on their part. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • DD refuses to roll. She rolled once a couple weeks ago on a fluke from tummy to back. Now she lays on the floor with her fist in her mouth having a melt down. DH and I joke that she'll learn to walk (since she loves to stand) and if she falls down she'll never learn to get back up. Hopefully she gets over the anxiety of being on the floor eventually. :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• It makes me feel better to know my babies aren't the only ones not rolling.  I tend to compare them too much to other babies, even though I know I shouldn't.  I guess it's the mommy in me.  :)
  • My daughter rolled back to front last week at daycare for the first time and hadn't done it for me until tonight she rolled! I was very excited to see it happen! Rolling front to back is another story. She has no interest in that.
  • DS has rolled belly to back since he was 7 weeks but has no interest in flipping back to belly.  
  • Ds hasn't done any rolling. The closest thing to it is this week he's starting to try to look behind him when on his back, so maybe that'll translate into a roll soon.

Honestly I'm not worried though. All babies are different. Ds''ll get there when he gets there
    Nevermind me, I'm too distracted by my mini-carrots to think properly image
    ~Fitness Blog~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think my daughter was just waiting for me to ask the question.  I was getting them up this morning and when I turned to talk to my son she flipped over and was on her back when I turned back around.  I put her back on her belly just to see if she would do it again, and yep!  Silly girl.  :)
  • Mine rolls back to belly but refuses to stay on her belly long enough to try.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagenotallisonmarie22:
    I think my daughter was just waiting for me to ask the question.  I was getting them up this morning and when I turned to talk to my son she flipped over and was on her back when I turned back around.  I put her back on her belly just to see if she would do it again, and yep!  Silly girl.  :)

I've been trying to stay out of this... but if you are "notallisonmarie22" than why do you have her babies pic in your siggy?

I genuinely want to know why you would use a picture of someone else's children as your own.

• imagek8edgerton:

imagenotallisonmarie22:
    I think my daughter was just waiting for me to ask the question.  I was getting them up this morning and when I turned to talk to my son she flipped over and was on her back when I turned back around.  I put her back on her belly just to see if she would do it again, and yep!  Silly girl.  :)

I've been trying to stay out of this... but if you are "notallisonmarie22" than why do you have her babies pic in your siggy?

I genuinely want to know why you would use a picture of someone else's children as your own.

Sorry about the confusion.  My usernames keep getting banned and I created this one as "notallisonmarie22" as a joke thinking it would get banned quickly just like the rest...and then it didn't.  I am, in fact, allisonmarie22 and those are my children.

• My oldest started rolling from belly to back at 2 months. My baby hasn't yet. To be fair he's a bit rounder than DS1 was, and we don't do tummy time alot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"