August 2012 Moms

Condoms

So DH and I are at a point where I'm nervous about starting the mini pill and he's reluctant on condoms because its been a while since these were in our lives. Can anyone recommend some great condoms you're using?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Condoms

• I have some Lifestyles freebies from the OB's office sitting unused in the nightstand....still afraid to DTD. I wouldn't know where to even begin. We haven't used condoms in over 6 years.
  • I don't have a condom recommendation, but an BC alternative to consider.

We didn't want to go with the pill (or anything hormonal) or condoms all the time, so we use a diaphragm & spermicide. It has some of the pros of condoms (no hormones, don't have to think about it every day), but you don't need to stop the action to put it on and you can't feel it once it is in. You would have to get fitted for one by your doc, but it works well for us.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemerricksmom:
    I have some Lifestyles freebies from the OB's office sitting unused in the nightstand....still afraid to DTD. I wouldn't know where to even begin. We haven't used condoms in over 6 years.

We used these, and about every type we could find at Target. Maybe we're really enthusiastic but we managed to break them at least 50% of the time. But I know the size wasn't wrong.

Ooops...

Might have been my fault. lol

• imageaustenfan919:
    I don't have a condom recommendation, but an BC alternative to consider. We didn't want to go with the pill or anything hormonal or condoms all the time, so we use a diaphragm amp; spermicide. It has some of the pros of condoms no hormones, don't have to think about it every day, but you don't need to stop the action to put it on and you can't feel it once it is in. You would have to get fitted for one by your doc, but it works well for us.

Can you tell me about these? I have no idea and google scares me 99 percent of the time!
  • I loathe condoms but we are stuck using them. I got Trojan with a spermicide in it for extra protection.

• I started the mini pill but we're using condoms for the first month at least. We use Trojan Ultra Thin...with spermicide. They all suck, IMO. I hate condoms.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I actually had a broken condom nightmare, Molly. Thanks for reminding me....lol ughhhh
  • We'll be using the same kind we did after DS1 was born.  They're the only ones that don't "irritate" me and that actually make pp sex feel decent IMO.  

Trojan Her Pleasure - Ecstasy (in a light purple box)

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• We just used Lifestyles Ultra Sensitive the other night and it didn't even feel like he had a condom one. I've never felt that way with a condom before. But if PP said they break a lot...maybe it's because they are so thin?

Better put two condoms on next time so they don't break.....haha j/k.

imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We use Crown. We buy them online (I don't think they are sold normally in any old store) and we've never had them break. And a plug in for an amazing lube. Pjur is great. Kinda expensive but the best I've used.

• I actually really like condoms, other than the akward part of putting it on. Condoms make sex so much more clean. I dont feel like Im walking around with gizz in me afterwards. All I nned to do to freshen up after is just a wet wipe and Im good to go
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We used Lifestyles Skyn condoms the other night...could barely feel it. 

We don't want to go on the mini-pill either-don't want to throw hormones in my body again. Especially because we'll be trying for LO #2 when Chslotte turns one. :) 

Married 6/28/08, TTC 7/10, BFP 11/30/11! Charlotte Rose born on 8/4/12! TFAS 8/13, BFP 10/14/13! Lori Anne Catherine born on 6/13/14!

• I hate condoms. We tried Trojan and life style and hated both.
  • We can't use condoms since I am allergic to latex and the non-latex condoms don't come in an XL (sorry if that was TMI), but with my ex, I liked the Natural Lamb condoms. They are not cheap, but worth it if you aren't a condom lover.
  • We used Life Styles ultra thin when we were in college and only had 1 or 2 break. It seemed like Trojans broke all the time.

I think we're just sticking up condoms for now too. If it breaks I'm not too worried about it since we want at least 1 more kid.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • imageCGorgz:
    imageaustenfan919:
    I don't have a condom recommendation, but an BC alternative to consider. We didn't want to go with the pill or anything hormonal or condoms all the time, so we use a diaphragm amp; spermicide. It has some of the pros of condoms no hormones, don't have to think about it every day, but you don't need to stop the action to put it on and you can't feel it once it is in. You would have to get fitted for one by your doc, but it works well for us.
    Can you tell me about these? I have no idea and google scares me 99 percent of the time!

CGorgz, I sent you a PM in case you didn't check back here. But here is a link for anyone else who is curious:  https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/diaphragm-4244.htm

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"