December 2012 Moms

I love my bundle me!

No not really. I love my child and refuse to put anything in her that would potentially hurt her. Please read this article and see 3 and 2 especially.
Sorry no clicky!

https://treadingragingwaters.blogspot.com/2012/02/11deadlymistakesyoudidntknowyou.html
Edited due to fail on my part. Link fixed!

Re: I love my bundle me!

• copy and pasted the link  says the page im looking for doesnt exist. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• The link still isn't working..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ok ok. EPIC fail on my part. Idk why the link isn't working.
    Here is what it says. 3 has videos from YouTube so that won't help my point because I don't have the link.

3 Winter coats and car seats don't mix
    I can't really put this into words any better than these videos, so take a quick look.

2 No Aftermarket Products!
    Most simply put: If it didn't come with your car seat, it isn't safe to use.
    Those cute little puppy dog harness covers, the newborn head support, the notorious JJ Cole. All of these and ANYTHING that attaches to your car seat are not only potentially dangerous because they alter the fit of the seat, they also void manufacturer warranty in the event of a crash and the car seat fails.
  • theres been ALOT of uproar about this issue. and i understand it. 

the thing is, they make ones SPECIFIC for carseats. if the little whole in them. are THOSE ones ok to use? i was told by my pediatrician 3 years ago to make sure my daughter was bundled up nice. it was a "snowsuit" but it was one of those full body thick oneies for infants. but it was made out of cotton, not snowsuit material. he came in before we left and said that was perfect.

i mean i know things are CONSTANTLY changing, especially with a 3 year span.... but i was going to use the same one for when i bring my son home, seeing as to how its unisex and the DR told me it was best.  

i know im going to get a lot of flack for this post, but everything i read says no "snowsuits" it says nothing about the thicker winter one piece i have. maybe im just not considering it a snowsuit bc its not that crappy water resistant material that you expect and is indeed cotton.... 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Any material can become more compact on impact therefore loosening the space between baby and harness. Think about a sweater before and after being vacuum sealed. Best practice is to place blankets over strapped in babies, be careful not to over heat them tho. Your car will get warm while driving if you have the heater on. 
  •  

Check out this link, it uses photographs to demonstrate why coats are not safe in cars and has ideas at the bottom about how to keep your LO warm without snowsuits or a bundle me.  You just have to scroll all the way down as it is quite picture heavy.

https://carseatsmadeeasy.blogspot.ca/2010/12/keeping-warm-and-safe-in-winter.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagebgf1:

Check out this link, it uses photographs to demonstrate why coats are not safe in cars and has ideas at the bottom about how to keep your LO warm without snowsuits or a bundle me.  You just have to scroll all the way down as it is quite picture heavy.

https://carseatsmadeeasy.blogspot.ca/2010/12/keeping-warm-and-safe-in-winter.html

that link was PERFECT! the ones they consider good to use are the ones ive used in the past with my DD and the ones i planned to use this time :) i figured a thick cotton or fleece couldnt have been an issue, that would be like saying my child cant wear a sweater or sweatpants in the carseat and to me thats just absurd!

i dont feel so bad now. i was sitting here fretting over not being as informed as i thought i was. i try and stay up to date on the dos and donts. i thought maybe id missed something since my DD was born. 

• imagebgf1:

Thank you for this!  I shared on FB!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"