Multiples
Options

If you actually run with a double jogging stroller...

So by sheer luck I was given a used double jogging stroller - Baby Trend Expedition.  I'm pretty pumped  because it has been hard to get out for a good run - let alone keep a schedule. 

So do any of you really run with one?  What is it like?  It doesn't have the car seat attachments so I have to strap them in - so at what age are they ready for a ride (mind you I won't be sprinting - I run about a 9 minute mile)?  

Your thoughts on the matter are greatly appreciated - I really am ridiculously excited to be able to go on a run whenever I fancy and I'm sure the kids would love it too! =D

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you actually run with a double jogging stroller...

• Options
    I read that you should not run with them without the carseat until at least 6 months.  
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Uhhhh...no. I find it to be nearly impossible to use a jogging stroller to actually run. :-/ You have to stop every 45 - 60 seconds to fix somebody, feed somebody, console somebody, break up a fight, pick up a blanket, etc. I just leave them at home and go very early or very late!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hrmm ok.  Maybe I'll do a brisk walk this week and get in a practice session.  They really do love being outside so I think they would enjoy it.  Luckily they will be 6 months old before Pgh's Turkey Trot =)

Thanks for the input!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've heard 6 months and/or really good head control without car seats.  

We'll be getting one in the spring and I am looking forward to it. I know it will be a challenge, but any running is better than none at this point :) 

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I dont jog but I find outside walks are a happy time. I have stroller buntings, so no blankets, and all the toys are attached with straps.The one difference is the stroller I use is parent facing so I guess that could make a difference, but it's one of the times I can more reliably expect they will be happy, so I don't see why jogging wouldn't work.
  • Options
    imagesmcgervey:

Hrmm ok.  Maybe I'll do a brisk walk this week and get in a practice session.  They really do love being outside so I think they would enjoy it.  Luckily they will be 6 months old before Pgh's Turkey Trot =)

Thanks for the input!

This is what I do every morning with my girls and two dogs with the BoB stroller.  Then on the way home I stop at the park and they swing on the baby swings.  They love it. 

IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Options
    I run 2-4 days/week, 2-6 miles at a time with the girls and have since they were about 7 or 8 months old. When the time changes, we'll just do weekends since we normally go after daycare and it'll be dark soon. The stroller adds 30-60 sec to my mile time. We do short runs midweek so we can be home in time for dinner, and sometimes on the weekend we'll make a pit stop at the park.
  • Options
    I have the bob and I love it but I can't run...it seems I can barely walk =(.  My hips have hurt constantly since I was about 5 months pregnant with them and now they are 6 months and it hasn't gone away yet....and before the twins I ran 3 miles a day.  Someone told me the other day it was probably my SI joint so I'm going to have that checked out...I really miss running.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"