Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Random Baby Clothes Question

So I'm trying to sort baby clothes in the dresser by size. The top drawer would be 0-3 months, second drawer would be 3-6 months, third drawer would be 6-9 months, etc. Problem is, not every brand sizes this way. Where would you put 3 month clothing for example? 0-3 or 3-6? What about 6 month clothing? Also, how long do newborn clothes fit compared to 0-3? Should I make these a separate drawer? I'm a FTM, so I could use some more experienced help!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog

Re: Random Baby Clothes Question

• Options
    Depends on brand. Gerber and Target's Just One You run small, others run big. 3 month is typically the same as 03, 6 is 36 etc. If you have tons of newborn I would give them an area of their own, otherwise lump with 03.

ETA: Imagine dashes between the numbers. The mobile version sucks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options

With those they always put the ending size down. So 3 month is 0-3, 6 month is 3-6, ect. I know this is how Carter's likes to size their clothes. It can be confusing! However it's the end size, not the beginning.

ETA Don't worry about the brands so much. Except Gerber. If you have any Gerber in any size smaller than 3-6 month you may just want to toss it. Since they end up shrinking really badly and being smaller than preemie sized.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For my kids at least, brands like Carter's I think of as "up to" 3mo, 6mo, etc. so they go with the 0-3mo for me.

I usually only keep the clothes they can wear in the drawers.  This really helps DH when it comes to dressing them.  I also fold matching tops and pants together.  Otherwise, he comes up with some very interesting ensembles.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Look on Pinterest if you need more way to sort than drawers you have. I'm planning on doing that with hanging clothes as well.

BFP: 01/08/11 EDD: 09/15/11 Natural MC: 02/03/11
    BFP: 02/14/12 EDD: 10/26/12 D&C: 03/09/12
    BFP: 04.05.12 EDD: 12.17.12 Born 11.18.12 Jackson Kane 6lbs 5ounces

BFP: 06.08.13 EDD: 02.13.14 Baby Girl.. 2U2 Here we come

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/ttfdf7a.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageNana_Osaki06:

ETA Don't worry about the brands so much. Except Gerber. If you have any Gerber in any size smaller than 3-6 month you may just want to toss it. Since they end up shrinking really badly and being smaller than preemie sized.

100% agree!  I just washed some Gerber clothes for DS and I don't think they would fit my DD's doll!  

Also, you can hold some of the clothing sizes of different brands together to see what size they are.  For example, you might find some 0-3 look the same size as 3-6.  THen put those in the same drawer, otherwise you may find your little one outgrew something before they had a chance to wear it.  Which honestly will happen anyway =) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    M/C Nov 9, 2011 at 11 weeks.... We love you & miss you Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would put the 3 month clothing with the 0-3, 6 month with the 3-6, etc mostly b/c you don't want to forget you have it.  If it's still a little big at 3 months, you'll have it to move down to the next drawer.  Also, newborn stuff doesn't last long.  I think we used DS' for about 2 weeks.  I wouldn't get too many nb things but you'll need some.  Good luck!  You'll figure out your own system that works best for you after a couple of months :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If you still have tags on the outfits I would ignore the month sizing all together and look at the weight/height size on them. But Gerber sizing lies no matter what.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    When I separated I put together the sizes that looked similar together because some of them would say 3-6 but they were the same size as 0-3 (or vice versa) so that seemed to make the most sense - hope that helps!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"