3rd Trimester
Options

9 hours later...

I'm back from the hospital. I went in for cervical ripening, which yielded little results. I'm going back in early tomorrow morning for either more ripening or pitocin. It's super frustrating to go in for ripening and have everyone email and texting asking for news and there is nothing to report. I get that it's all from love and I appreciate it, but it's too much. I'm disappointed without having to tell the world. I hope tomorrow my cervix will be ready and I can just get pitocin. I'm really excited to meet LO and know it will happen soon- I just feel so much pressure from external factors. Is it rude to just not respond? Turn off my phone? I don't know if I can handle another cheesy line about what's going on with my body and baby. 

I should also mention that literally EVERY woman in my family has had their baby early. No one has had to wait- my MIL went 2 1/2 wks early, my SIL 2 1/2 wks early, my mom 5 days early- so everyone has been on baby watch for over a month (I'm 41 wks today).

Re: 9 hours later...

• Options

I haven't been in your shoes yet, but I can totally understand how having everyone asking you ALL the time would get really old...really fast.

I would have no problem ignoring texts/phone calls...but that's just me :) Haha! Tell everyone that you will contact them when there is news to share! :)

Good luck love...I hope that baby comes soon! :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I know how u feel. I am will be 40 weeks Tuesday and nothing is happening with me either. I am ready to have our baby boy. everyone I know is asking don't have the baby this weekand I am going out of town, and don't have it this day I have an interview. I am like the baby will come when he is ready.

I feel so overwhelmed and frustrated as well. The baby's room is not done we ahd problems with the flooring and now have to send it back lol. I am ready for my cervix to do something. I guess another whole week is not to bad :(, I go back to the Doctor Friday to re check me so hopefully I will do something by then. Good Luck and keep me updated. I am due October 2nd.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry you didn't get the results you were looking for today.  I'll cross my fingers for better luck tomorrow. 

I'm also sorry your dealing with the added pressure from family and friends.  If I were you, I would send a mass email/text telling everyone how much you appreciate their support and that they are thinking of you, but you're overwhelmed right now and just need some quiet time.  Tell them as soon as you have some news, you'll be very excited to share it.  

If they ignore you and continue to contact you, then you can ignore them :)

Good luck, mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you ladies- your words are really kind and helpful. I got a call from the hospital this morning saying they had an influx of patients last night and will call me when there is room. So I've been bumped out. :(

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. My only real birth plan was to try to get my OB to deliver my baby. She is on call today (which is why I went in for the ripening yesterday) and won't be on call again until I'm after 42 wks. I've texted family to let them know not to expect anything today. Hoping for a quite day now- try to enjoy it but I'm super bummed. 

• Options
    imagebluestarbaby:

I'm also sorry your dealing with the added pressure from family and friends.  If I were you, I would send a mass email/text telling everyone how much you appreciate their support and that they are thinking of you, but you're overwhelmed right now and just need some quiet time.  Tell them as soon as you have some news, you'll be very excited to share it.  

If they ignore you and continue to contact you, then you can ignore them :)

P.S. I had H write an email out to everyone...thanks for this, this is the current plan!  

• Options
    Well, if you ignore texts and calls, then they might really think you are in labor and continue on LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"