October 2012 Moms
Options

Emmett Weston is here! Insane birth story

Emmett Weston is here! He arrived last night at 10:18pm and was 7 lbs 13 oz and 21.5 inches. He is incredibly adorable and I love the little man so much. I did get to hold him briefly after he was born before they took him to the NICU. He's still there going through some testing and also because he's not eating and is very jaundiced like DS1 was, but I'm heading back down there to talk to them and try to nurse him since our last attempt was unsuccessful.

I had contractions Thursday night that were 4 minutes apart, so DH and I headed to the hospital shortly before midnight. I was only dilated 1 cm and 30% effaced even though my doc had given me better numbers at my 36 week appointment... however, they kept me since LO's heart rate was in the 240's. Way too high! So they started administering me a drug to bring it down, but I had to take it in the hospital every 12 hrs for 3-5 doses. So that meant I could have had to be there for 56 hrs before they could get it down low enough to induce me. If it didn't come down at all after that many doses, they would call a c-section. Luckily, after about 10 hrs after dose 1, it came down and stayed down.

Emmett's heart rate stabilized for long enough, so they started cervadil Friday night around 9pm. The cervadil didn't do anything in terms of my cervix progressing! They started pitocin at 10am Saturday and I made very slow progress all day. Right after my 3:30pm epidural, I was 4cm. By 8pm, I was 7cm. I was about 8cm around 9pm and then things moved FAST! His heart rate started dipping with each contraction so they kept flipping me to each side. Then my nurse meant business and started getting the room ready and several docs were in to deliver me. I pushed for less than 10 minutes and he was here. Mind blowing after the 3 hrs of pushing I did with DS1. No tears either! There was a team from the pediatric unit standing by to take Emmett, but at least I could hold him for a minute.

I'm in agony that he is still away from me. It's so hard being away from your newborn. I'm just trying to pump as much as possible and stay positive that it's only temporary. I'm bumping from my phone and can't get a picture up, but when I can I will post some! He's the most beautiful baby in the NICU. Thank you all for your T&P's. It has meant so much to me having your support and reading your kind words!
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Emmett Weston is here! Insane birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"