February 2013 Moms
Options

Registry Issues

Originally, Target was our main registry (we also have a small registry on Amazon). I started getting a little concerned because only a handful of items on the Target registry are available in-store and the rest are online only. I always shop online, personally, but I know that most of my friends and family don't shop online regularly. So, I thought maybe I should transfer our main registry to BRU since they seem to have more items available in-store. This morning I starting doing that and got about a third through and realized that I was running into the same issue on BRU (everything I was registering for was online only). There really aren't any other well known places were I live (no Buy Buy Baby).

Now, I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'm over thinking this and the online only thing won't be an issue?

Anyone have any experience with this? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our Sweet Boy "LJ"

Re: Registry Issues

• Options
    I did the same but most people just gave me gift cards, so it worked out fine.
  • Options

imageTeacher Clark:
    Most people I know wait until the last minute to buy gifts for showers.  I have seen many friends registries go from having many things available even the morning of their shower to having many items purchased within an hour of their shower.  I am not a last minute person, but many are.  Plus, it seems that people want to be able to see and feel what they are purchasing.  I'm not sure what I would do in your position.  Perhaps you need to go and complete your registry with the gun, in the store, rather than adding to it while online.

Teacher Clark took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I was thinking, though I am that person shopping at the last minute.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJuliaBug:

imageTeacher Clark:
    Most people I know wait until the last minute to buy gifts for showers.  I have seen many friends registries go from having many things available even the morning of their shower to having many items purchased within an hour of their shower.  I am not a last minute person, but many are.  Plus, it seems that people want to be able to see and feel what they are purchasing.  I'm not sure what I would do in your position.  Perhaps you need to go and complete your registry with the gun, in the store, rather than adding to it while online.

Teacher Clark took the words right out of my mouth. This is exactly what I was thinking, though I am that person shopping at the last minute.  

Mine too! I think going to the store is so much easier. It was really hard to register online, because nothing was available at the stores.
  • Options
    I agree with PPs.  I would do the registry in the store with the gun so that at least you know all of those items are available in store.  That's how we did ours, and then we added a few things that were online only.  I'm not expecting many people to buy online, so we will buy those items ourselves (hopefully) with the help of gift cards.
    image BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies, I'm not sure what I'll do yet. The stores seem to have such limited inventory but we will see. I'm going to have to figure it out soon because I think my sister is working on shower invitations.

Again, thanks as always! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Options
    I actually had this issue myself! I went to the closest target and TRU since there isn't a BRU within 100 miles. The TRU had 2 aisles of baby stuff as did the target (outside of clothes). I called my cousin who is hosting my shower at the end of Oct. and talked to her about the problem. She said to finish my registeries online. Since I live 2 hours away from my family and close friend and in a small town my people will understand why my stuff is online. I did note on my target registery that most of the stuff outside of the crib and stroller could be something similar and not the exact item if they could find something in their store.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageTeacher Clark:

I would register for some things in store like Teacher Clark said.  You can always fill in the spaces with online only items. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"