April 2012 Moms

I quit doing housework.

That's it, I just give up. I've decided I'm fine with living in knee deep clean laundry that hasn't been put away, overflowing dirty laundry baskets, dusty shelves, and an overflowing sink. Also with having a constant pile of clean cloth diapers to put back together. And an ever growing pile of papers and things to be put away. Sigh...

I know those of you with more than one kid are probably laughing at me right now, thinking of how much harder it is with multiple kids, but it does seem so hard with just one right now! Even as a SAHM! And I guess it'll only get harder as DD gets more mobile and interested in stuff, right? Oh boy...

www.lulukangaroo.com Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: I quit doing housework.

• I totally get that.  I have such a hard time with housework, even being at home all the time.  I always find something more important to do when I have a free moment.  I'm a big fan of throwing all the mail and junk in a "sort-it-later" tote instead of dealing with it in the moment.  I'm super grateful that DH is tidy and kind of a clean freak.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually think housework was easier when working, however it does get harder for a period but it gets easier when they start entertaining themselves... And ds1 even wants to help.

• Loading the player...
  • I'll be honest. 9 months ago, I thought SAHM's had no business not having the house cleaned and food cooked every day. But my ignorance has been broken, and I have complete respect for SAHM's. Now that I'm back at work, I can get a TON done while Micah naps, but that's because I get baby breaks during the week. Yes, I'm still working or driving, but it's not tending to every freaking need of that whiney adorable little person.

If there's ever a chance that you can either get someone to come over to watch LO while you clean or that you can ship LO away for a few hours a week, I think it would do wonders for your sanity. It's already become so much easier now that he can entertain himself and doesn't need to be held 24-7, but there are still days where if he so chooses, nothing will get done on the 3 days that he's home with me or DH all day. Hang in there mama!

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yep, I'm not sure how I am going to keep up with DS plus additional kids. Right now, I take care of DS first, then cooking, then I will clean if I get the chance- I usually get laundry and vacuuming of main rooms done...everything else is hit or miss. DH takes care of dishes after I cook dinner. It is slowly getting easier now that he can entertain himself a little longer.
  • The hardest part of multiple kids is them un-doing what you just cleaned. The constant laundry, dishes, toy under your foot, food, cups, etc. I clean daily, and weekly, and my house still ends up a mess. It is easier with one in school all day, but its still rough. Plus, i work nights, so i clean up during the day and then H and the kids mess it back up at night. H hasnt mastered the cleanup while kid watching. A little but not much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • We have a maid service that comes every two weeks now to do the deep cleaning or I would go crazy. It is hard enough keeping the clutter at a minimum and all the laundry clean and put away. The maids leave and the house is pristine for about 15 minutes. Then destructo toddler can literally tear it all apart in 15 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I never really started doing housework so then I didn't have to quit. Hehe
  • imageDaisyBlinks:

DH and I are just not neat people. We've NEVER stayed on top of housework, even when we didn't have DS taking up all our time. So now we're kind of doubly screwed. We're working really hard to get into a routine so that when DS is mobile and/or we have more children, we can have somewhat of a normal life.

We're taking it one room at a time right now. The rooms that DS uses more often are staying neat because we just throw the laundry and clutter into the less baby-friendly rooms.  

That's basically us too! I agree with a PP who said to get someone to help with DD for a few hours a week. I think if I just had 2-3 solid hours even once or better twice a week I could get SO much done! Better yet maybe we should hire a housecleaner! 

www.lulukangaroo.com Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • We are also not neat. However I am worse than hubby. He says I am a "bundle" girl. Everywhere I go bundles form. He is right.

We have a lady that comes to clean, we cut down to once a month as hubby was unemployed but now that he's gotten a job we may go back to twice a month. It costs $90 and she does an excellent job.

What we (ok I) need to do is be better at staying on top of clutter. It's just so hard though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"