August 2011 Moms
Options

Tori Spelling's Birth Complications

I've been interested in the ordeal Tori Spelling has been going through following the birth of her fourth child in under five years. Anybody else curious about it? 

Prior to my elective c/s, my doctor said to be (verbatum), "This is your birth and I want you to have the birth you will feel the best about. I will do a c/s but only if you can make me two promises: 1. If you are ______(she named two religions known for having large families) I must insist you try a vaginal birth. Any more than three or four c/s is simply not healthy and against sound judgement. 2. You must wait 18 months between pregnancies to give your body adequate time to heal. I'm not comfortable with you pushing the time boundaries because even when all is well on the outside, your body needs time on the inside." I was not a member of either faith and I didn't want kids close in age so she went ahead.

Now, Tori's fourth baby was a surprise but her other three were intentionally rapid fire. She seems pretty open about a lot of stuff so I hope she comes forward with what was ailing her (not that she is obligated, by any means, but maybe as a way of helping others.) I am glad she is out of the hospital and able to enjoy her newborn now-must've been traumatizing for all involved for her to be separated from him! 

imageimage

Re: Tori Spelling's Birth Complications

• Options
    I honestly hadn't been following it at all but omg, 4 c/s in 5 years?? 2 in one year?? I can't imagine, it gives me the heeve geebes just thinking about it. My body was a mess after my c/s, and I fought hard for my VBAC because I didn't want to do that again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a c/s and got pregnant 9 months later (unplanned).  I was worried about trying for a VBAC because it was such short period.  I was never told by my OB that I should wait a certain period of time in between c/s.  I was asked how many pregnancies, bc DD was breech and we were thinking of doing a version.  We said we wanted 3 or 4.  The doctor was fine with that.  With that being said, I can't even imagine 4 c/s in 5 years.  I recovered pretty easily, but I know that it could have been much harder and easy was definitely relative compared to some of the stories I have heard.  I really want a VBAC this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why did she have c sections for all 4 children? Is this necessary?
  • Options
    imageGilliebear:

This.

And OP if you don't mind me asking why did you elect for a c/s?
  • Options
    •  

imageGilliebear:

Tori went into labor naturally with Liam (her first), but they augmented it with Pit and she had failure to progress -- his heartrate was dropping and she never progressed passed 6 cm.  Docs suggested a c/s and as such she started the c/s spiral.  

Prudence
      Lilypie First Birthday tickers
      Otis
       Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    • Options
      With all the money she has, she should have adopted.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    • Options

imageeesome:

I totally don't understand this one...  What, Ee? 

Prudence
      Lilypie First Birthday tickers
      Otis
       Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    • Options
      Adopted, what?   Like buy children?  
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    • Options
      Glad I'm not alone in thinking the adoption comment was weird...was that meant to be TIC, eesome?  Weird...
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    • Options

imagetiff012982:
      I had a c/s and got pregnant 9 months later (unplanned).  I was worried about trying for a VBAC because it was such short period.  I was never told by my OB that I should wait a certain period of time in between c/s.  I was asked how many pregnancies, bc DD was breech and we were thinking of doing a version.  We said we wanted 3 or 4.  The doctor was fine with that.  With that being said, I can't even imagine 4 c/s in 5 years.  I recovered pretty easily, but I know that it could have been much harder and easy was definitely relative compared to some of the stories I have heard.  I really want a VBAC this time around.

I had another doctor tell me basically the same thing about waiting. I had an elected c/s the first time but have vague curiosities about a VBAC for the next time around.  

imageimage
    • Options
      imageLindsRockies:

Is it bad I'm most interested in which two religions your doctor named?  Can I guess?  Wink

HAAAA! Sure go right ahead and guess. I'll play along (for what it's worth, she didn't mean it in a deragatory way towards those religions, just that since they enjoy large families, she didn't feel it prudent to subject my body to THAT MANY c/ss. Lol.) 

imageimage
    • Options
      imageJaysonandKristin:

imageeesome:

I totally don't understand this one...  What, Ee? 

What I meant was why put her body through three back to back c-sections that could have potentionally caused major complications with not just her, but with also her children? There has been many cases of ruptured uteruses/placenta and blood loss deaths, etc from back to back c-sections caused by no 18 month waiting period between them. So-- if she wanted three kids that close in age, why not have one biologically, then adopt, then have another biologically when her body has healed?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    • Options
      imageLindsRockies:
      imageMrs Case:
      imageLindsRockies:

Is it bad I'm most interested in which two religions your doctor named?  Can I guess?  Wink

HAAAA! Sure go right ahead and guess. I'll play along (for what it's worth, she didn't mean it in a deragatory way towards those religions, just that since they enjoy large families, she didn't feel it prudent to subject my body to THAT MANY c/ss. Lol.) 

Survey says....

Catholics and Mormons!  Smile

DING! DING! DING! 

imageimage
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "