March 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else not hungry?

After being ravenous in 1st tri, eating has become a chore lately.  I find myself able to eat breakfast and lunch but then I have no desire to eat dinner.  I definitely did not experience this with DD, so it's so weird and I feel guilty!  I forced myself to eat something at about 9:30 but I could have been fine not eating.

Is anyone else in the same boat? 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Anyone else not hungry?

• Options
    I am kinda. I was only ravenous for certain things in my first tri, but now I'm having to remind myself to eat. I also start to feel sick in the middle of eating now which is an unpleasant new symptom. Peanuts, dried fruit, and protein shakes have been helpful through this for me though...Especially the shakes bc they're full of the good stuff.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    I barely ate with my first pregnancy (only gained 8lbs), and now with this pregnancy I'm not feeling the whole eating thing either. I talked to my doctor about it during my first pregnancy, and he told me "You're obviously going to want to eat a little bit each day, but just don't let yourself get dehydrated. That's the most important part." He recommends Gatorade too, (it's too sugary for me)... so if you can drink that, that'll help get the things that are important.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecovertxxamour:
    I barely ate with my first pregnancy (only gained 8lbs), and now with this pregnancy I'm not feeling the whole eating thing either. I talked to my doctor about it during my first pregnancy, and he told me "You're obviously going to want to eat a little bit each day, but just don't let yourself get dehydrated. That's the most important part." He recommends Gatorade too, (it's too sugary for me)... so if you can drink that, that'll help get the things that are important.

Wow, only 8 lbs!  I gained a decent amount with DD.

Good point about the dehydration - I do drink a ton of water, so that shouldn't be a problem.  I don't think that I'm overeating earlier in the day (well, except today - we had Chipotle for lunch) so it just surprises me that I have no appetite.  This is not like me at all!   

• Options

imagedoozer1345:
    I am kinda. I was only ravenous for certain things in my first tri, but now I'm having to remind myself to eat. I also start to feel sick in the middle of eating now which is an unpleasant new symptom. Peanuts, dried fruit, and protein shakes have been helpful through this for me though...Especially the shakes bc they're full of the good stuff.

The shakes are a good idea, maybe I'll get some for the days I really have no desire to eat.   

• Options

I am in that boat for certain! And feeling even more guilty cause 1st Trimester I spent morning noon and night over the trash can or toilet losing EVERYTHING I ate or drank.

Now I am fine eating breakfast and lunch and maybe a couple of small snacks between but not hungry in the least at dinnertime. And I have lost weight instead of the gaining everyone tells me I should be doing. Not to mention my belly is the size of a basketball (literally) and I'm going on 19 weeks. I find out in 3 weeks if it is twins or not. In the meantime, I asked my OB if the dinner thing was normal or not. She said every pregnancy and every body are different and will act and react differently. As long as you and baby are healthy and right on track then all is ok.

Don't force yourself to eat if you are not hungry. But do keep some kind of snack by your bed in case you get hungry late or wake up hungry in the middle of the night. Also, if you are experiencing heartburn on top of it all, keep some peppermint Tums and a water bottle handy. That seems to help me anyways. As far as not eating dinner, listen to your body. You may be taking in enough calories at breakfast lunch and snack to satisfy you and baby this go round. And if you feel you MUST eat something from guilt, try drinking a cup of warm broth or a glass of milk. Both will give you some needed vitamins, but neither is forcing your body to take in more food than it needs. Let me know how it goes for you!!

• Options

I don't feel hungry very much the last couple of weeks.  If I do go a long time without eating, though, I do start to feel nauseated again---a lovely little reminder that I do in fact need to eat something, lol. 

Eliza
    Wife of Paul (2004)
    Mom to Peter (2006) Mom to Aaron (2008) Mom to Claire (2011) Mom to baby (March 2013)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sounds very much like me.  I ate non-stop during first tri and had lots of different cravings.  DH was afraid to plan what we'd  have for dinner, bacause by the time I was on the train home from work I'd decide I wanted something different.

Now, I tell DH just to make what he wants for dinner because I won't be interested anyway.  Lunch is definitely my biggest meal of the day right now, and I snack during the day too, but dinner just doesn't wow me.  I tend to pick at what we're having to make sure I eat something, and try to remember to have a bedtime snack so I don't wake up hungry in the morning.

Good luck!

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    I wish - I am absolutely voraciously starving every hour or so.  I have been trying really hard to do healthy snacks but it gets tough!
  • Options
    It varies from day to day. Some days I'm not hungry until noon, others I wake up with my stomach growling. Yesterday I ate dinner and was hungry an hour later... some days it feels like I'm hungry all day long and eating only lessens the hunger, then sometimes I just nibble on a few things all day. I just go with it. Like PP, when I have no appetite, I do rely on protein shakes to make sure I'm getting adequate nutrients. I use a stick blender and throw in frozen berries to make it sweet and like a smoothie (for some reason I really love fruit). If you do that, I'd be sure to get a protein shake with no crazy bodybuilder stuff in it (creatine, arginine, etc.) I use an all natural one that is just whey protein and cocoa.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"