Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How do you get your lo to go down to bed earlier?

He is in his crib by 8' but is up throwing stuff out of crib yelling, kicking crib sides until about 9! Then he wakes up about hour into sleep and cries and this canon tune into the night. He naps at about 1:30 ish today it was 2:30/4:30 ugh

Re: How do you get your lo to go down to bed earlier?

• Options

Do you always put him down at 8? If not, what is his regular bedtime?

I would move his bedtime up by 15 minutes every night (or every few nights) until you get to where you want to be.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

I just put him into his crib when he's tired and he'll just lay down and pass out.  I know he's tired when he starts climbing onto me to snuggle, or climbing onto the couch and laying down.  If he's not tired when I put him down then he'll do like what your LO does and jump, dance and sing in his crib. 

Other than moving up his nap time or doing more physical activities like playing at the park and swimming, I'm not sure how to make him tired earlier.  I guess maybe moving up his wake time?  L wakes up at 6am because of my work schedule and he's generally in bed at 8pm.  He sleeps from 12:30-2:30pm at daycare.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a normal bedtime routine? If I give LO a bath during the day, she automatically starts yawning and asking to go to bed. She knows that books and bed come after a bath, so we've been able to adjust her bedtime quite a bit for that reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was a miracle for us to move our son from a 10pm bedtime to a 9pm bedtime.  He seems happiest going to bed at 9.  We start bedtime routine at 8pm, and if he's tired he'll usually crash anywhere from 8:30-9... but we cannot get him down any earlier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"